hi BogdanOntanu

I got the same problem as Wonder Mage

I have directx 8.1 , P|| 400, 64 ram, win98 , GeForce 2 MXX 400.
Posted on 2002-07-16 21:02:57 by Sa6ry
What exactly is your problem Sa6ry?

I guess you have more then 4Mbytes of video ram on that Geforce so i am interested in more details....

what version of HE are u using?

could you start debugview (from www.sysinternals.com) before HE + check "force carrige return" in Options menu and only then start HE.

Doing so will generate some debug info that can help us isolate your problem...

besides you could always sign in as beta HE tester (if you agree with conditions) and get newest HE version to play with :)

PS
-----
We could also dicuss those HE game related problems into the HE dedicated section of this messageboard
Posted on 2002-07-17 02:11:44 by BogdanOntanu

besides you could always sign in as beta HE tester (if you agree with conditions) and get newest HE version to play with :)

Yeah... HE is soooo nice.... Also I don't have a lot of people to talk to about HE...

What's new in HE beyond 0.11? Well... some things, like:
Originally from www.hostileencounter.com/rts_news.htm

TCP/IP LAN or INTERNET play available IP-to-IP
Some New units/buildings and tech-tree
Finished 4 different ways to build for each race
Static defenders one for each race
"Predator like" cloak effect for enemy units.
For more info join our beta testing programm.

(He he he Bogdan that's on a public section of your site... which means you already revealed this to the general public... which also means that's all you get to know, Sa6ry, without joining us! So what are you waiting for?? Sign up!)

PS
-----
We could also dicuss those HE game related problems into the HE dedicated section of this messageboard

Yes, so that the HE board gets used... ;)
Posted on 2002-07-17 05:23:15 by AmkG
BTW AmKG there will be a new beta release tonight :)

PS
----
i have also changed the name of the thread a little to reflect real discussions here
Posted on 2002-07-17 05:55:31 by BogdanOntanu
We will watching you.:grin:
Btw Bogdan your offer is still actual?
Posted on 2002-07-17 07:24:01 by scarpelius
Hostile Encounter in 100% ASM... Sounds very impressive, I would love to see the final result!
Why ASM though? C++ OOP makes it very tempting to code games in it.
Posted on 2002-07-17 21:04:30 by comrade
Because ASM is 1337? ;)
Posted on 2002-07-17 21:09:07 by f0dder
Perhaps you could be a bit more realistic, f0dder?
Posted on 2002-07-18 00:42:10 by comrade
comrade,
maybe you should just read the FAQ on their homepage:

Why all in ASM?
This is a complex matter of oppinion. Here are some of my arguments IMHO:

* We know ASM well. ASM is also very easy to learn
* Speed is of the essence in GAMES. ASM is 100% up to 300% faster than today "optimized" compilers
* There will allways be ASM code in a GAME so: Why NOT write all in ASM?
* ASM is free, cant tell that about Most HLL Compilers
* We dont like BLOATWARE generated by most of today HLL compilers
* Very good tutorials at Iczelion's site and web support from Hiroshimator's Win32ASM messageboard make the difference
* A Game req. maximum control over the hardware and software
* ASM gives total power and maximum flexibility
Posted on 2002-07-18 00:46:42 by bazik
Ahh, didn't see that one... danke, baZiK.
Posted on 2002-07-18 00:48:24 by comrade
Yes Scarpelius, the offer is still on/actual... watch us but the beta-1 is avalable only for the guys that signed the NDA, ie its still free but we need you to sign NDA, eh did i mentioned NDA?

Comrade, well my own oppinion is that i have more OOP power than in any OOP HLL using ASM
Posted on 2002-07-18 03:53:02 by BogdanOntanu
Originally posted by Bogdan Ontanu
BTW AmKG there will be a new beta release tonight

Weee!! I'm downloading it now as we speak... darn our ISP though, it's not going too well, maybe next time though.

Oh and yeah to everyone interested in joining the beta, you can get some benefits:
1. Getting to have a say about a game under development, and actually seeing your ideas come to life!
2. Getting your name/nick on the Hostile Encounter web page!
3. Getting your name/nick on Hostile Encounter's credits! (I hope!)
4. Getting to see buggy software not produced by Microsoft! (just kidding, Bogdan, just kidding!)
5. And more!... And what other benefits? Well, why don't you just join and find out!

Oh and BTW... check out the 'Fan Fiction' section of www.hostileencounter.com ;) :grin: :tongue:
Posted on 2002-07-18 05:22:41 by AmkG
Should I pass to your office to sign this NDA?
Btw, neighter http://hostileencounter.com/ or http://www.hostileencounter.com/ contain any link or reference to the new version release.
Posted on 2002-07-18 07:19:47 by scarpelius
Scarpelius,

There is a link to the he-news list on the downloads page and after you join the newslist you can ask for a password on the members area of HE site. New releases are on the members area only. They get to see / dl them even before we post any messages in the main site news section

Yes, you can come to our office and sign the NDA... do it while office is still here (Timpuri Noi area).
This way you can also see the latest HE version live :)
We will move our office to another location starting from 12 August i guess.

AmKG

4. Getting to see buggy software not produced by Microsoft! (just kidding, Bogdan, just kidding!)

Nice one .. nice did i mention that bug that will ...? never mind.
Posted on 2002-07-19 04:17:23 by BogdanOntanu