Preface:
I Wrote all my programs in VB and now am trying to convert GRiFLE into MASM (Read and modify ini file and the registry and fill a treeview and listview) because it seems straight foward. Well I am using the standard comctl32.ocx because it had something called a tag which held extra info. I wanted to drop the dependency and create the Tree and Listview from scratch but could not find a way to implement a "Tag". And nobody in the vb groups knew how either.. Well anywho, here I am here creating a treeview from scratch with MASM and have this delema:

I want to insert a parent, then insert children under the parent with exrtra info not visible so I can parse when a user clicks on the child and fill the listview.

So the text of Child 1 = Windows Run MRU
then I want to associate extra info with this child so I can parse later like:

Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RunMRU,9,*,a,a,MRUList,S

so when a user clicks on Windows Run Menu in the tree I parse that extra info so I can fill a listview. Is there any way to do this? Did I make sense? Same thing for the listview, how to associate extra info with each item? Maybe create a hidden tree and listview?
Posted on 2002-06-20 16:43:50 by Gunner
Hi Gunner

Both the TV_ITEM and LV_ITEM structs has a lParam member. Use these to store a poiner to a string.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-06-20 17:38:02 by KetilO