What would you do if you only wanted to STOP the PAINT function of a window that is just about ready to open after the user click the icon....so that the users don't even see a FLASH of that window .... but the windows is really there but you just cant see it....

How would you do this on any process that is about to be opened.....Clean or Dirty it don't matter .... any ideas will help ... I got to find out how to do this very soon so i may have to start a new thread... i am thinking intercept paint of the app window that is about to be opened or put a special mask over it that dont interfer with the desk top but how would you tell windows to do it... The user will know the window is there because the icon is on the bar but the window can not be seen, so......

Thanks

Posted on 2002-06-21 20:37:18 by cmax
To hide any window from showing, you may want to install a hook that monitors WM_SHOWWINDOW. When the hook procedure receives WM_SHOWWINDOW with its wParam being non zero (which means the window has just been set WS_VISIBLE), just call ShowWindow to hide it immediately.
Posted on 2002-06-21 21:54:16 by C.Z.
Bomb01 , thats an good idea ........ I been playing with hide and show and ASM is just tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fast for the API...I wish Bill and the boys would D .... A** the source code for Windows. Pure ASM api from ASM programmers would Blow it AWAY.

Thanks bomb01

Posted on 2002-06-21 22:56:57 by cmax
Did you try just not setting WS_VISIBLE is the dwStyle bits when you define the window class?
Posted on 2002-06-21 23:43:41 by Ernie
Ernie:
cmax stated
"How would you do this on any process that is about to be opened"
Posted on 2002-06-21 23:57:57 by C.Z.
cmax
I dont think that even if ASM is the programming langauge used that this maybe might speed up the simple processing of an API callback that this would be the reason why a function is not working for you.

For instance the simple return of a function in a high level langauge will always be faster than complex and time consuming prossing in assembly.
Posted on 2002-06-22 01:57:20 by huh