Hi,

Please don't think bad things about be... because my question. :)

But is allowed questions about Reverse Engineering here ??

I ask it because win32asm and RE "walking" together. :)

I belive that several coders in this forum have intersting in RE, but if it isn't allowed i will respect. :)

If it is allowed, why not create a section in forum to ER/RE ?? :)

Thkz.

Best Regards.

[ ]'s
Posted on 2002-06-27 07:51:36 by wendel
>But is allowed questions about Reverse Engineering here ??

No.

>I ask it because win32asm and RE "walking" together. :)

IMO, no.

>but if it isn't allowed i will respect. :)

I hope so.

>If it is allowed, why not create a section in forum to ER/RE ?? :)

No.

JFYI:
Any RE releated Threads will be closed down / deleted.
And you risk your membership with starting such a Thread.
Posted on 2002-06-27 08:05:14 by bazik
Don't worry i don't think anyone will think bad things about you. As for your question though RE is not welcome here. There are plenty of other forums out there and I am sure some of them members here do frequent them. :)

heh guess bAZiK beat me to it.
Posted on 2002-06-27 08:06:37 by Betrayed
hm... why do you think RE is "bad"?
Posted on 2002-06-27 09:05:36 by nyook

hm... why do you think RE is "bad"?
This mainly has to do with the law - the board getting shut down is bad.
Posted on 2002-06-27 09:42:38 by bitRAKE
I see. thx.
Posted on 2002-06-27 09:45:39 by nyook
can somebody explain in more detail what is meant with
"RE"... are you considering everything simply as cracking
even if it is some sort of an anti-debugging aproach for
security reasons? i fully agree to prevent cracking here but
somtimes there are threads closen just because of the
wrong words used in a question. maybe it would be a good
solution to calm down a little and be more... uhm content
specific. i think that you shouldn't treat a newbie, who comes
to this board the first time, not with that kind of attitude
(i hope you know what i mean, BOLD NO & ROLLEYES for
example). i've got two examples to explain what i meant

right

wrong

did i say that i F#CKING hate rolleyes and bold no's? just
relax and it will be much nicer and gentler here...
Posted on 2002-06-27 09:45:41 by mob
As I was told, the board was already shown on TV on a Swedish broadcast about hackers.
Posted on 2002-06-27 09:45:51 by comrade
really? :eek:

hmm :/ I need to make a frontpage selling blinis or something.
Posted on 2002-06-27 10:09:53 by Hiroshimator
mob, I don't see anything wrong with the way bAZiK replied. IMHO, freddyk was having difficulty understanding what Tola said, so he needed a firmer response. You don't get that impression from reading the thread?
Posted on 2002-06-27 12:11:00 by bitRAKE
Hi Guys,

Ok i understood. :)

No more flames by it. If it isn't allowed here we will not speak about it. :)

I understand that RE isn't allowed in US where is the board. But all programmers must be atention to RE... it can save your software of crackers... or difficult your access :)

RE have two sides. O light side and a dark side =]

Thkz.

Best Regards.

[ ]'s
Posted on 2002-06-27 13:00:43 by wendel
I think the server is located here on the U.S. - that's what I've heard. As for RE, cr*cking is a no-no. I think protection schemes are ok to be discussed. Ask the mods.
Posted on 2002-06-27 13:03:31 by stryker
Hi Betrayed,

I sent a private message for u. Please read it and if u want ask me by mail. :)

Thkz.

Best Regards.

[ ]'s
Posted on 2002-06-27 13:20:36 by wendel
Intent means everything. I can do without PCness.

When I look at some of my poorly commented legacy code, I have to reverse engineer it to figure out what was going on. Using CS discipline you have to reverse engineer your flow charting or psuedo code to make it work.

As far as legality, do a search at MSDN keying on "reverse engineer" and you'll get 49 hits.

Some people must have a guilty conscience.
Posted on 2002-06-27 13:27:22 by alpha

As I was told, the board was already shown on TV on a Swedish broadcast about hackers.
Cool.. so Big Brother is watching us.. naive me that I thought I was expressing some hidden-from-the-world old-farts-asm-fond coding here. :)
Posted on 2002-06-27 17:12:33 by Maverick
D'oh! i wish they had shown something like that on Au or Ca telly. Then i would have known about this board sooner :( boo me and my ignorance! and i always thought this board didn't get enough publicity...
Posted on 2002-06-27 19:11:40 by jademtech
Guys,

lets not beat around the bush on the distinction between reverse engineering software and cracking.

Reverse engineering has its basis in doing very unglamourous stuff like old mainframe code where the source was on punchcards and the owner of the software wants it ported to a PC or similar.

A lot of this stuff was done for the year 2k problem so that the planet did not stop rotating. :)

Cracking disguised as reverse engineering is another matter. Decompiling code for the purpose of breaking its protection system is just plain illegal in many countries and it is not allowed in this forum no matter what.

Our moderators have eagle eyes when it comes to any of this stuff being posted and it will head for the scrapheap REAL fast if it is posted here. Anyone who persists with posting this stuff here will be given the opportunity of finding another forum that is more tolerant. :tongue:

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-06-27 23:26:53 by hutch--
I think you are a fair guy but we are not here to learn how to do that.... I came here to learn ASM and some BASIC ideas on Protecting my efforts. A little cracking will help us all but i and many others i founded got too much class and like to develop our own style and keep a few things in their favor Just Like BILL...

But for me outside a Few Dollars Mo , my only goal is to bust them all UP and send them on a 50 year mission :grin:
Posted on 2002-06-28 00:11:21 by cmax