main PC:
Pentium I 100 Mhz, about 5Go HDD, 64 MB ram

not main PC:
AMD K6-2 300Mhz, 98MB ram, about 5Go HDD
Posted on 2001-08-21 17:18:21 by Vom-bonjour:-()
Zadkiel, what kind of laptop do you have? What do you most dis-/like? I've been thinking of getting one, and would really love some input from others who have experience with laptops. Thank you,
Posted on 2001-08-21 17:23:47 by bitRAKE
These are a few things i hate abt laptops-
1.) The one i had atleast had a very blurry screen.
2.) I hate using my fingers as the mouse.
3.) They are very costly;)
4.) Get damaged very easily. Mine had to have its hd replaced cause it conked out due to excessive heat! (Thank god i had the backups ;) )

A few things i like-
1.) You can code while lying down in bed... eating your food..... Hell, even in the toilet :grin:
Posted on 2001-08-22 03:51:31 by MovingFulcrum
I needed a portable one for college so after much scouring the net I went for a Dell Latitude L400, it was very highly rated at Cnet. It is however very expensive, you could find the latest price at Dells site.

Just regarding what moving fulcrum said:
1. Yes alot of laptops have blurry screens but this on this one everything seems find. Perhaps you were referring to a laptop wih an earlier model screen, not TFT.
2. Most laptops have a port for a mouse or a keyboard to be used, I personally find a touch pad ok.
3. God Yes, unfortunatly :(
4. Thankfully I have no experience of this yet, you can always get them insured.

And one final thing, I would chose a laptop screen over a CRT anyday.
Posted on 2001-08-22 14:05:51 by Eóin
I LOVE my laptop. It's a toshiba something 402. It's got a 850mHz processor and 128 mb ram and a geForce 2go. I take this thing everywhere with me. Like fulcrum said, I code on my bed, in the toilet, and while eating breakfast/lunch/dinner.

If you don't have a laptop, go get one :) They are powerful enough now-a-days to run anything--even the new high system requirement games.
Posted on 2001-08-22 15:18:14 by Kenny