hey everyone. I'm extremely new to assembly programming, and was checking out this great site. I downloaded tasm to use with the tutorials, but it seems to be a bit difficult to use. I do have masm and I like it. Is there any way to "translate" the tutorials into masm format? Or are they close enough that just a few changes would fix everything. I'm asking because i originally tried to assemble the first tutorial program in masm and got a bunch of syntax errors. Hope you guys don't laugh to hard at me. Thanks
Posted on 2002-07-09 23:53:39 by underoath_2000
I thought the MASM32 package included tuts that compile with the package? Might want to check out that code - pretty sure it is MASM, not TASM. Post your errors here - might be a configuration problem?
Posted on 2002-07-10 00:02:49 by bitRAKE
underoath_2000,

There is a mountain of example code in MASM32 to play with so its worth getting the swing of how it hangs together before you try and build stuff from other sources.

Try the prostart code wizard as well as it gets up skeleton programs very quickly so that you can exeriment with the code.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-07-10 05:30:53 by hutch--