The pre-release of the "Coffee project" fasm, marked as 1.39 is now available to download at the current two official mirrors:
http://fasm.metro-nt.pl/
http://fasm.sourceforge.net/
The final 1.40 ("Coffee") version will be released soon, after some more testing.

The new version is fully backward compatible and introduces the COFF object file format for output - in both DJGPP and Microsoft versions (use "format COFF" to select DJGPP format, and "format MS COFF" to select Microsoft format), so now you can use with fasm any linker that supports COFF files; it's especially important with the Linux release when you want to create programs calling the functions from the C libraries.
Posted on 2002-07-10 04:06:45 by Tomasz Grysztar
Privalov,

Compliments on your new release, making code that other languages can use makes FASM a lot more useful and will help expose it to many more people.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-07-10 05:52:22 by hutch--
Privalov,

I've tried FASM a little. Very nice!!

Does FASM have any support for debugging infomation?

Thanks.
Posted on 2002-07-10 09:36:11 by ThoughtCriminal
Not yet. But I'll probably add it in the future.
Posted on 2002-07-11 14:47:06 by Tomasz Grysztar
Is it possible to add a useful feature to FASM - something like 'includecoff' - to make possible include coffs (at least those generated by FASM) to the project?
Posted on 2002-07-18 06:57:39 by Aquila
The linker should do things like that for you.
Posted on 2002-07-18 07:09:46 by Tomasz Grysztar
Aquila,
IMHO that would be a bit senseless. Why would you like to link COFF files together wich you created by your own? ;)
Just include the ASM source then.
Or link link all object files with link.exe together.

Edit: one minute too slow :/
Posted on 2002-07-18 07:10:59 by bazik

Aquila, IMHO that would be a bit senseless. Why would you like to link COFF files together wich you created by your own? ;)

Imagine if I want to link COFF file which wasn't created by me :).

Or link link all object files with link.exe together.

Using third-party utilities? :) No good.
Posted on 2002-07-18 07:24:22 by Aquila
I have added COFF output only for the third-party utilities. You can use ld from binutils to
link standard (not MS) COFF files if you don't like link.exe
Posted on 2002-07-18 07:28:49 by Tomasz Grysztar