Hello everyone. I've recently been trying to write a small program that creates a pipe and then uses CreateProcess to launch a console app that prints out information that the parent app sends it. For example, I would like the parent app to send information like variableX to the console and the console to print the value to the screen. The reason I'm not using AllocConsole is that I would like to be able to have more than 1 console open at a time. I've already tried using iczs tutorial, but it kind of does the opposite of what I want to. I tried to figure it out, but I can not make the child app print anything. It fails to read everytime. Does anyone have any samples they could post (asm/c/c++)? Or any good sites that show how to do what I'd like? Thanks for any help, it's appreciated tremendously. Cheers.
Posted on 2002-07-14 06:32:37 by AlexEiffel
As I can see, you are attempting interprocess communication and console pipes would not the best idea to do so. I suggest you look into file mapping (Iczelion also wrote a tutorial on that).
Posted on 2002-07-14 12:47:36 by comrade
Ok, thanks for the advice. I'll take a look at that and see how it goes.
Posted on 2002-07-14 23:10:29 by AlexEiffel