Is there any way to setup Qeditor so it accepts different named resource files. I'm always naming them rsrc.rc to get them to compile but what if i want to have 2 different .rc files in the same folder like game.rc and file.rc.

thanx in advance
Posted on 2002-07-16 13:58:38 by IwasTitan
Titan,

All qeditor does is run batch files that are in the BIN directory. You can change the way a program builds and what file names it runs by changing the batch files.

It was done this way on purpose so that the programmer could set up MASM32 in whatever way they wanted.

If you are going to use resource scripts that havew the same base name as the main file, you will need to run the RES file on the link command line as running cvtres.exe on the same base name will overwrite the main obj file.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-07-16 22:01:23 by hutch--
Afternoon, IwasTitan.

I just tried breaking a resource script (.rc) file into two, and using this inside a .bat file for them:

\masm32\bin\rc /v myfirstrc.rc
\masm32\bin\cvtres /machine:ix86 myfirstrc.res

\masm32\bin\rc /v mysecondrc.rc
\masm32\bin\cvtres /machine:ix86 mysecondrc.res

\masm32\bin\ml /c /coff mymainasm.asm
if errorlevel 1 goto errasm

\masm32\bin\Link /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS mymainasm.obj myfirstrc.obj mysecondrc.obj
if errorlevel 1 goto errlink

The linker complains about there already being a resource linked:
mysecondrc.res : warning LNK4059: myfirstrc.res already specified; additional resource file ignored

So unless I'm doing something wrong, it looks like you can only specify one resource per exe.

Cheers,
Scronty
Posted on 2002-07-16 22:24:50 by Scronty
Hi all

You can choose one of the files to be the main rc file and insert #include <My2ndRsrc.rc> in that file. You don't need to run cvtres, the linker can link .res files (probably by running cvtres internally).

KetilO
Posted on 2002-07-16 23:41:54 by KetilO
How about a findNext button for qeditor. and a bookmark button could not hurt.
Posted on 2002-07-17 00:10:14 by cmax
New version has a GOTO LINE dialog that is hotkeyed as Ctrl+G.

Best I can do in a hurry. It is nearly finished, more testing etc ...

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-07-30 09:55:30 by hutch--
i suggest Jen's File editor. it has configureable syntax coloring, altho u have to enter it all your self. and is very versitale. it allows you to add batch files to compile. work on multipul files. etc
Posted on 2002-07-30 11:49:44 by Qages