I know nothing about winsock and SMTP protocol, but it seems necessary to add 'send mail' function to the program I'm working on. So the best would be a dll or lib offering such functionality.

Just found 'MarshallSoft Email Engine', but loading the DLL causes a messagebox to be displayed, informing it's not a registered version. So bad. :mad:

So if someone knows a free mail sending library, or someone's willing to share his 'email sender application' s source code(wheather in asm or in C), much will be appreciated! :)

Regards,
bomb01
Posted on 2002-07-17 03:08:34 by C.Z.
Maybe the smtp file i uploaded might help you.

I don't think that there is any free mail sending library..
Posted on 2002-07-17 03:15:25 by roticv
Thank you for the file, but I probably have no time to dig into winsock and smtp things. Just want some code illustrating how to send mails, so that I can copy n paste it in mine. :grin:
Posted on 2002-07-17 03:20:55 by C.Z.
Hehe, don't buy that Marshall Soft crap! (nice we have not so strict rules about blaming other people :) ).
When I am back at home, I will post a DLL here with one exported function:

SendMail(szServer, szSenderName, szSenderMail, szReceiver, szSubject, szMessage)

But you should try to programm it in Winsock yourself... it can be done in 10 Minutes :)
There is also a SMTP example at win32asm.cjb.net under "Source Code"
Posted on 2002-07-17 03:44:00 by bazik
bomb01,

Search for:

Keyword: email

User Name: farrier

In this forum.

There are several posts with soucre code to send email and attachments. I have been meaning to make a friendly version of an email sending utility. Maybe the dll that bAZiK will send us is the answer!

hth

farrier
Posted on 2002-07-17 05:00:30 by farrier
Thanx farrier, I'm studying your code.

I seem to have new problem:
Is it a MUST to have window message involved?
My problem is, the program I am writing doesn't have a window, and creating an invisible window just for sending emails would be ridiculous wouldn't it.

So, is there an alternative, e.g. Sleep_till_server_is_ready? :confused:

bAZiK, That exported function is pretty smart i believe and when will you be back at home? TA, and i'm so eager to see your *lovely* dll!!! :alright: :alright:
Posted on 2002-07-17 06:00:20 by C.Z.
it can be done in 10 Minutes

Learning it takes more. :rolleyes:

I already checked the mail sender example at Iczelion's site but it doesn't seem to work at all.. maybe my problem, maybe not.:stupid:
Posted on 2002-07-17 06:12:26 by C.Z.
I will be at home in about 2h.... but I will do a quick rewrite of the DLL in MASM, because it's currently done in PB. So I will post it here in about 2.5h ;)

(I can't use the function from my email client, because it's f*cked up after I tried to add multiple attachment handling :tongue: )
Posted on 2002-07-17 07:22:11 by bazik
bomb01,

I created a low level e-mail notifier app with a window, to handle the messages from the socket connection, but I never 'show'ed the window to the user. This makes it run like a program in the back ground.

Enjoy your work, P1

PS: Credits: I merged parts of farrier's code and Gandalf's to get the desired effects I needed.
Posted on 2002-07-17 08:42:48 by Pone