I had been working on this quite diligently for a while, and I eventually got it to the stage where it was satisfactory for what I wanted. But it probably could be developed further, or it may even be of use to others as is.

Either way I'm going to release it as Open Source for people to play around with, use, develop, etc.

Of course you're probably asking what is it, well its a graphics library geared towards GUI design. Basically it allows you to do fancy blitting, very fancy blitting actually. I've included two sample programs which together I think demonstrate all its features, hopefully I didn't miss any.

Note alot of this is old, I had intended to release it months ago, but I'm lazy at applying finishing touches to things. :(

Credits to bitRAKE for the mmx alpha blending routine and J?rgen Ibsen for his aPLib.

Check out the webpage
Posted on 2002-07-22 14:23:19 by Eóin
Really Fancy!!! Nice Job :alright:
Posted on 2002-07-22 14:25:43 by stryker
Cool cool cool !!! :alright:
Are there any instructions for the functions ?
Posted on 2002-07-22 15:21:09 by Nordwind64
No.. :( that would be one of those finishing touches I'm so bad at. I'll happily answer any question though :)
Posted on 2002-07-22 15:24:38 by Eóin
E?in, no one expects you to write professional help files for your lib like Thomas does. However, there's a lot between uncommented code with three letter variable names and a fully documented package.

The following question may perhaps illustrate my complete confusion with your lib: what is the gcBlt function used for?

What I think your library needs is a GO viewer with some commenting on the meaning of various calls. That would help a lot in understanding how the lib works, as well as being a logical utility to have.
Posted on 2002-08-24 08:14:24 by Qweerdy
E?in,
that particle demo was groovy :) Got any instructions for the game, i haven't got a clue (nor the inclination to search)?
Posted on 2002-08-24 08:46:01 by sluggy
Ok Qweerdy, I'll wirte something later on tongiht probably :) .

Sluggy, the game is a two player game, each player takes a colour. Pl;ay starts and the first player must move one of their pieces along a line to a free spot. There are only five spaces in total so there'll only ever be one free.

Play alternates like that until one player finds both pieces trapped and unable to move to the free spot, then they've lost.

It's a silly simple little game.
Posted on 2002-08-25 17:08:26 by Eóin
Ok heres a little something which might make things easier, at least it's a step up from "uncommented code with three letter variable names" :grin:
Posted on 2002-08-26 07:22:44 by Eóin
Thank you! :alright:
Posted on 2002-08-26 07:40:37 by Qweerdy
GREAT lib thanks E?in :alright: :alright:

love the particle thing

expect a whole bunch of my apps to have that in the future :grin:
Posted on 2002-08-27 07:10:15 by Terab