Tomasz has made some great macros already, but my question is:
How shall I write the dialog-macro to support extended-styles???

macro dialog label,itemscount,title,x,y,cx,cy,style,menu
{ local data,size
label dd RVA data,size
data dd style or DS_SETFONT,0
dw itemscount,x,y,cx,cy
if menu+0 <> 0
dw 0FFFFh
end if
du menu+0,0,title,0
du 8,'MS Sans Serif',0
align 4
dialog_items = itemscount
dialog_size equ size = $ - data
if dialog_items = 0
dialog_size
end if }

I want it like this: macro dialog label,itemscount,title,x,y,cx,cy,style,exstyle,menu

Someone please help me!!!???
Thanks!
Posted on 2002-07-27 05:44:26 by NewToAssembly
Will fasm assemble the code faster if some of the most used macros are built-in as normal instructions in the assembler???

Thanks!
Posted on 2002-07-28 03:31:44 by NewToAssembly
Afternoon, NewToAssembly.

I can't help you with your macro question (because I dunno;) ), however I'm curious as to why you're wondering about how much faster/slower fasm will assemble macros.

Generally, speed during assembly would only be required for larger projects; and in larger projects you would have created multiple files which are assembled separately. This means that only the file you'd changed would have to be reassembled.

After spending hours, days, weeks, months (and in a few cases, years) coding source, a few milliseconds faster/slower during assembly wouldn't make much of an impact in your time.:grin:

Cheers,
Scronty
Posted on 2002-07-28 04:46:46 by Scronty
Hey Scronty!

Thanks for that. I only heard some rumours which said that the assemble-time would increase dramaticly when I use many macros. But then I understand, a few milliseconds faster/slower during assembly isn't much, I only thought that they were talking about seconds. :D

Thanks again!
Sorry my bad english...
Posted on 2002-07-28 06:23:14 by NewToAssembly
NewToAssembly, one of the great things about having the source code is that you can add features to FASM. Some types of macros really slow the assembly process down by requiring several passes - instead of taking 0.1 seconds, it takes 0.5 seconds. ;) You could make those macros into keywords and write the code to accomplish the same functionality. It would be a good learning experience as to how FASM works.
Posted on 2002-07-28 12:47:44 by bitRAKE
Thanks a lot! I see!
Posted on 2002-08-04 13:09:10 by NewToAssembly