Much thanks to you hutch--!! :alright:
Posted on 2002-09-08 13:47:27 by x86asm
I have version 3 now, but the menu items to assemble, link, make all, etc., aren't there. I assume these can be added to the menu, but I have no idea what to say.

Help.

Peaslee
Posted on 2002-09-23 15:01:30 by peaslee
i echo peaslee's request.

i had to reinstall the last version. i tried writing a thing in notepad -
you know- ml/coff ...all that --- but , no go

Of course the old one would probably do everything and then some
of the things i would write, but with everybody sayin' it's so great and all .......:o

oh yes, i tried a nice Russian editor ( has a crown icon ), and it wouldn't compile " data ?"
---(with a space between a and ? ), so i switched to QEditor , and it compiled fine .......
.....until the next time, when IT refused the space...:confused:
Posted on 2002-09-23 17:03:26 by argus
peaslee,

Sorry to be a bit slow coming back to you, I have been distracted a bit lately. If you have the QEDITOR.INI from the old version, open it in another editor like TheGun.Exe and delete out all of the editor settings at the front but don't delete the menu settings.

Save the file as menus.ini and also delete the old qeditor.ini.
Start up qeditor and the menus should be in place like they were in the older version. For the editor settings, just go to the EDIT menu and select the option there to change the editor settings.

This should do the job for you OK.

Argus,

I posted the solution in this forum some time ago, it was a set of batch files that had the quotation marks around the filenames in the different batch files. This allows the batch files to handle long file names and paths with spaces in them.

Let me know if it works OK for you.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-10-15 23:53:08 by hutch--
hutch,
success,-- even i could follow those instructions.
... 5 minutes work & i had an example running.

thanks ... i couldn't have figured that out 'in a million years'..:cool:
Posted on 2002-10-16 13:15:49 by argus