Just a funny (but slow - although the sprite routine can certainly be optimized) idea: mix a sprite routine with OpenGL, and so you have a 3D object without window or background, floating on top of your desktop, that can be animated. Zip includes full source (Tasm32) and two binaries (one with a smaller object for slow computers). You can get pure animated 2D sprite or pure 3D OpenGL demos in 29A virus mag #6.

Use the left mouse button to rotate, right to zoom (move the mouse slowly, it's sensitive), space to flat-shade one half of the object.

A very small screenshot is better than words:

Hello to Ancev if he reads me, and to all win32asm coders around. This is my first post, I hope I didn't screw up something :)

--
Guillermito
Posted on 2002-08-01 16:02:48 by Guillermito
>I hope I didn't screw up something

Well, my attachment didn't make it. Let's try again.

--
Guillermito
Posted on 2002-08-01 16:08:36 by Guillermito
Nice!
Posted on 2002-08-01 16:50:06 by comrade
Indeed, its really nice!

------

But please remove your homepage link from your signature and www button, unless you want to remove the virii related content from your webpage.
Linking to this kind of sites is a violation of our board rules.

Thanks!
Posted on 2002-08-01 17:06:36 by bazik
> Linking to this kind of sites is a violation of our board rules.

My (very old) virus page is actually an insider presentation of the scene, not really a "get your virus here!" kind of site. Sometimes virus coders finally find the Redemption by coding graphical demos instead :)

--
Guillermito
Posted on 2002-08-01 17:20:03 by Guillermito
Very, very nice. Though the shading seems messed up on my PC; Win XP, Radeon All in Wonder.
Posted on 2002-08-01 17:22:27 by Eóin

> Linking to this kind of sites is a violation of our board rules.

My (very old) virus page is actually an insider presentation of the scene, not really a "get your virus here!" kind of site. Sometimes virus coders finally find the Redemption by coding graphical demos instead :)

--
Guillermito

My french is too bad to understand it at all :)
But you know Ancev / Vecna and I know him too, so I just guessed that I find something like that on your page :tongue:
Thanks for removing! I have nothing personal against this, but we all want to keep this board open :)
Posted on 2002-08-01 17:37:55 by bazik
guillermito!

si que te leo! me alegro mucho al ver que te vinistes pa ca...

veras que los otros, apesar de unas fobias en relacion a links y codigos lowlevel(dura lex, sed lex), y una atraccion demasiada a GUIs, son gente buena. :grin:

estoy muy feliz en verte por aca :)

ancev

ps: basta de publicar las cosas viejas, y empieza a codear cosas nuevas!!! :cool:
Posted on 2002-08-02 12:15:42 by ancev
Nice....
Arrrr~~
and the head can drag by mouse!!:rolleyes:
Posted on 2002-08-06 02:49:02 by Const.Ex