i want to in ring0 work,and use ldt and gdt load other program ,who can tell me how to use this command and where have some samples?
Posted on 2002-08-03 05:48:25 by bgcq
Its so simple:
DO NOT USE THEM

Unless you write some damn good hardware driver or some sycurity software on a legal contract, or your own OS (like me) ... but then everybody knows by now :stupid:

And take care Vx questions are not alowed here (there are other good places on the net for that)

Now please explain us why do you need that?
Posted on 2002-08-03 20:52:37 by BogdanOntanu

Its so simple:
DO NOT USE THEM

Unless you write some damn good hardware driver or some sycurity software on a legal contract, or your own OS (like me) ... but then everybody knows by now :stupid:

And take care Vx questions are not alowed here (there are other good places on the net for that)

Now please explain us why do you need that?

Why aren't Vx questions not allowed here?
Posted on 2002-08-03 22:49:50 by comrade

Bogdan, is that what you REALLY look like??

Well... first, what is Vx? Virus? Virtual Anything? Vixen?

Also... even in Ring0 the gdt and ldt are rarely messed with... they are generally the stuff handled by the OS.
Posted on 2002-08-04 00:24:00 by AmkG
Yes by "Vx" i do understand Viruses sorry for not makeing it clear :(

AmkG yup that is a real picture of me from about 2 years before... when i was working at HE more offten than than i do today...

And yeah i mess with GDT and IDT for my own OS and for other very rare occasions (jobs)
Posted on 2002-08-04 02:32:07 by BogdanOntanu
thanks you replay,i only want learn some more knowlage about system,yeaterday ,i look a book name system porgraming for win95 write by walter oney,in it,
some ldt,gdt,and idt content,i see more,
Posted on 2002-08-05 07:33:07 by bgcq

Why aren't Vx questions not allowed here?

Comrade, we are not in old good Russia, but on european forum, and everybody know, that in Europe in USA everyday police catch home users with illegal stuff and kills 'em slowly. They fear, and we should help 'em not be killed by RIAA, MPAA, BSA, DCMA... by not posting messages about some things.
Posted on 2002-08-05 08:26:59 by Aquila
Vx = viruses
Didn't know that. :)
Posted on 2002-08-05 10:35:32 by comrade