Hi! :)
Game Space programmed with Masm.
12 missions to be filled.
At the moment they are simple.
I am going to work to obtain them even more beautiful and difficult ....:tongue:
Friendly........Gges
Posted on 2002-08-18 10:34:29 by Asmgges
I get the ff error:

The SPACEMB2.EXE file is
linked to missing export DDRAW.DLL:DirectDrawCreateEx

So I suppose I will have to download DDRAW.DLL somewhere??
Posted on 2002-08-18 20:09:17 by AmkG
Afternoon, AmkG.

Which version of DX have you got?
The DX5 docs only have DirectDrawCreate, and the DX7 docs have DirectDrawCreateEx (dunno about DX6).

Afternoon, Asmgges.

Ummmm.... could you not have the score zeroed when you die? It's pretty difficult to get to the last level without dieing at least once:(

Cheers,
Scronty
Posted on 2002-08-19 00:11:51 by Scronty
To be honest, I have no idea.

What IS DirectX anyway?

How do I find out the version?
Posted on 2002-08-19 00:27:51 by AmkG
Afternoon, AmkG

Go to Start->Run... and type in DXDIAG . That should pop up the DX diagnostics proggy.
It will tell you which version of DX is installed on your 'puter.

Cheers,
Scronty
Posted on 2002-08-19 00:36:25 by Scronty
DirectX version says :

DirectX 8.0 (4.08.00.0400)

Pardon my ignorance, but what IS DirectX?
Posted on 2002-08-19 01:40:13 by AmkG
Hi !
Very good suggestion Scronty:)
It is easy to modify.
Spacembeta3, if in one of missions, you are destroyed three times the score recovers in zero.
Do not hesitate to give me your remarks and ideas, they will be taken into account:alright:
Friendly.......Gges
Posted on 2002-08-19 07:19:19 by Asmgges
Afternoon, Asmgges.

Next step...
Levels start easy, and become progressively harder.

At the moment, the "bullets" are moving far too fast to have any "skill" in evading.
I end up having to move the ship as quickly as possible all over the screen in the hope of not getting hit :/

Is there two types of enemy bullets? Some seem to head directly for you. Others just go straight ahead. and wtf are those ones that change direction when they get to the left-hand-side of the screen?!?:grin:

Possibility of having different images for each type of "bullet"? and please slow them down so that we've got the chance of avoiding them :)

Cheers,
Scronty
Posted on 2002-08-19 07:57:51 by Scronty
:)
Say to me the missions which seem to you too difficult to make.
No problem I am going to slow down balls.
At the moment a single type of ball, but I am going later to put it the others of size and different trajectory.
When a ball is pulled the position of your vessel is saved and the trajectory calculated to reach this position.
When the final position of balls is reached if your vessel did not change its X/Y you are destroyed.
If you moved your mouse, then balls are going to evacuate outside the screen in the rough direction or you are again but if you touch one of these balls even in the trajectory of evacuation you are also destroyed.
Friendly.........Gges
Posted on 2002-08-19 08:37:24 by Asmgges
netscape wont download the file :(
Posted on 2002-08-19 10:21:19 by Qages
Sorry Qages
I have just tried with Explorer that downloads well
Friendly.......Gges
Posted on 2002-08-19 10:48:53 by Asmgges
i had to rename it from .zip.php to .zip lol, i cant use ie any more. mircosoft like disabled it or somting, microsoft wont let me install the java virutal machine, so i cant visit most sites. if you know how to manually install it would be nice .

'The Microsoft VM update for Windows is no longer available at this site. '
mother&%*$#!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted on 2002-08-19 14:31:05 by Qages
Hi,

you can get the Java VM here

Just install it, and your Java should work like normal again.

Microsoft had to disable the Java VM for Windows XP (IE6.0) since they had some problems with SUN (or was MS the problem :grin: ).

@MODs: If this link is illegal, then please remove it. I don't know about it.

Greets YaWNS
Posted on 2002-08-20 03:59:26 by YaWNS
nice game and all i just don't like how the *cough* enemies weapon blast tend to follow me across the level....:(
Posted on 2002-09-04 17:10:18 by Guy on ASM