I need this files:

vmm.inc
vwin32.inc
shell.inc

(for free... :grin: )
I try at Microsoft but I must pay.

please help!

Is for "ide21201.vxd" (http://www.winsim.com/diskid32/diskid32.html)
Posted on 2002-08-23 05:16:39 by mihai
Sorry mihai but if its software that you normally must pay for, we cannot help you here as this forum has rules about any illegal request.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-08-23 05:25:34 by hutch--
AFAIK they are included in the PlatformSDK (which is available for free).
You can find a link to the PSDK download in the FAQ.
Posted on 2002-08-23 06:06:44 by bazik
Thanck You!
:alright:
Posted on 2002-08-26 00:15:12 by mihai
My real problem is not the VXD!

I want to protect my program using Hard Disk Serial Number.

Try this link: http://www.winsim.com/diskid32/diskid32.html

(I don't understend the VXD !!!!! )

But the problem is with SCSI Hard Drives.

I try to replace in CreateFile "\\\\.\\PhysicalDrive%d" with ""\\\\.\\Scsi%d:"" but don't work!

And how I find on wath Hard is a specific Windows drive letter?

It works with "\\\.\\c:" or "\\\.\\d:" but only on NT and with Administrator rights.

Thank you!

P.S. I know this is a ASM forum and the diskid32 is write in C but the functions CreateFile() and DeviceIoControl() are in Windows SDK.
Posted on 2002-08-26 01:27:32 by mihai
Please try to get access to your physical disks with
adrive db "\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE0", 0 ;;; or \\.\PHYSICALDRIVE1 for second disk
invoke CreateFile, offset adrive, GENERIC_READ or GENERIC_WRITE,FILE_SHARE_READ or FILE_SHARE_WRITE, 0, OPEN_EXISTING, 0, 0

Note than C: or D: is only name of disk partition that Windows can read; you can install some Unix-like on the same HDD but in Windows you can access to it only after reading MBR. There you can find out cyl-head-sec for beginning and end of any partition, then if you know file system you can read/write any file in any part of disk.

Mike
Posted on 2002-08-26 06:05:27 by Mike
And exept all. Files vmm.inc, vwin32.inc, shell.inc and other are in 98DDK. You can download them without pay but only if you really need to write device driver (.vxd) for Windows9x platform. Otherwise in Windows2k platform use CreateFile or KMD.

Mike
Posted on 2002-08-26 06:15:36 by Mike