If you would want to know for what purpose was fasm initially written - it was for my own OS, which was abandoned by me and all the sources was lost. But after all I have recovered two of the early versions, older one with all the sources, and the newer one without the sources. It's the early stage, still with some bugs. In later versions there was better exception handling (with program termination), fasm anf fedit ports, graphic modes support, etc. but all these sources were lost after I abandoned the whole project in 1999. :(
But the recovered source still contains some nice pieces, I like the keyboard handler and the file system services... Maybe someone will find these pieces of code useful for something? The .zip file contains two .rar archives, you'd need WinRAR to unpack them.
Posted on 2002-08-27 16:10:47 by Tomasz Grysztar
I dont beleive that this is your code....

It is commented!!! :grin:

Thanks for sharing! It looks really good :alright:

BTW, how can I start it? By running the exe or is it possible to copy it on a floppy? (you know, only Linux here :) )
Posted on 2002-08-27 16:18:17 by bazik
Yes, these were days I was commenting the code... ;) Look also at the system.inc from the DOS version of fasm, it was also written in that manner.
You have to run the exe in the DOS real mode. If you want to start it from floppy you will have to write your own loader (you can utilize the Leonid's phboot example from my website).
Posted on 2002-08-27 16:26:36 by Tomasz Grysztar
Opyat' zhe... otlichnaya rabota.
Tovarisch Privalov, vi nastoyashiy programmist!
Posted on 2002-08-27 22:21:03 by comrade