I have an application that has to run on 386s that doesn?t have floating point processors. The code has fixed point arithmetic and I need a form to intercept overflow and divide-by-zero exceptions and handle them inside the code. I have spent a great deal of time on MSDN and the Internet but could not find what APIs to call to be able to do it. Can any body teach me how to do it? Is it possible at all?
Thanks in advance,
Posted on 2002-09-05 21:42:37 by Rudy Penteado
Structured Exception Handling - You might want to search and read the contents of different topics relating to SEH.
Posted on 2002-09-05 21:51:40 by stryker
Found an interesting tutorial and examples by Jeremy Gordon. The subject is not simple but it is strictly feasible in assembler. I will be studying it in the next few days and I will post any significant findings.
Thanks all
Posted on 2002-09-06 18:56:20 by Rudy Penteado
just in case you want some cheap ones try here http://www.asmcommunity.net/board/index.php?topic=5844&highlight=SEH+macros - I don't own those macros, I modified them to suit my style. :)

Yes, Jeremy Gordon has a nice tutorial about SEH.
Posted on 2002-09-06 19:16:22 by stryker