For those interested in OpenGL and MASM sources:

here you can find a (nearly) complete tutorial for coding OpenGL in tons of languages.
One example:

* DOWNLOAD MASM Code For This Lesson. ( Conversion by Nico (Scalp) )
* DOWNLOAD Visual C++ Code For This Lesson.
* DOWNLOAD ASM Code For This Lesson. ( Conversion by Foolman )
* DOWNLOAD Borland C++ Builder 5.0 Code For This Lesson. ( Conversion by Neil Flynn )
* DOWNLOAD Code Warrior 5 Code For This Lesson. ( Conversion by David Dolinar )
* DOWNLOAD Cygwin Code For This Lesson. ( Conversion by Stephan Ferraro )
* DOWNLOAD Delphi Code For This Lesson. ( Conversion by Peter De Jaegher )
* DOWNLOAD Game GLUT Code For This Lesson. ( Conversion by Milikas Anastasios )
* DOWNLOAD GLUT Code For This Lesson. ( Conversion by Andy Restad )
* DOWNLOAD Irix Code For This Lesson. ( Conversion by Lakmal Gunasekara )
* DOWNLOAD Java Code For This Lesson. ( Conversion by Jeff Kirby )
* DOWNLOAD Jedi-SDL Code For This Lesson. ( Conversion by Dominique Louis )
* DOWNLOAD Linux Code For This Lesson. ( Conversion by Richard Campbell )
* DOWNLOAD Linux/GLX Code For This Lesson. ( Conversion by Mihael Vrbanec )
* DOWNLOAD Linux/SDL Code For This Lesson. ( Conversion by Ti Leggett )
* DOWNLOAD Mac OS Code For This Lesson. ( Conversion by Anthony Parker )
* DOWNLOAD Mac OS X/Cocoa Code For This Lesson. ( Conversion by Bryan Blackburn )
* DOWNLOAD Power Basic Code For This Lesson. ( Conversion by Angus Law )
* DOWNLOAD Python Code For This Lesson. ( Conversion by John )
* DOWNLOAD Solaris Code For This Lesson. ( Conversion by Lakmal Gunasekara )
* DOWNLOAD Visual Basic Code For This Lesson. ( Conversion by Ross Dawson )
* DOWNLOAD Visual Fortran Code For This Lesson. ( Conversion by Jean-Philippe Perois )

Hope this helps somebody...

Link:

NeHe Productions

Zero
Posted on 2002-09-12 16:11:08 by Zero
Thank you Zero for pointing this out, scalp used to be a regular at this board, though I havn't spotted him around in a while. I hope he's just busy and nothing worse has happened :confused: .

Serge Coban also deserves a lot of credit as he wrote the initial includes, unfortunatly his site is currently down. :(
Posted on 2002-09-12 18:26:00 by Eóin
i am looking for a site about open gl in masm32 that explain it from bottom accompanying with simple example, gradually raise to complex and function documentation in open gl. i have seen one example that shows how to use open gl in masm32 but it is too hard to be undertood because the opengl functions mixed together with masm32 routine and i still lack of knowledge about opengl function documentation. I see that the weakness of using function a kind of windows API for example for newbies is user still need to explore so many functions to use as a tools to develop him or her application. In one side from oop paradigm there is a benefit using the exist function but in the other side there are a little site or developer exposes his or her knowledge in a simple manner so newbie after learn can have a vision got the tools not got the example. I realize so many API functions are long and not easy to be used or to be remembered. So the difficulties of programming in window is how much functions must be mastered to form a tool for programmer or developer to create his or her application by himself. For the beginner for example one example with the simple one can open mind in one direction. The next what about the other function ? we must explore iguess, the next and the next we forgot the previous one. Some beginners may be down with the complex example because they don't have a picture to create application without understand the functions. windows programming is constrained by how many functions developer or programmer have explored. in dos programmer or developer got compiler and create a function by himself they are free in implementation but make tired for another developer or programmer to undertand the logic of every statement in one function. so in dos has an advantage of implementation they are not contrained but for the other programmer must waste a time to repeat it. In windows is better for make faster in function usage but sometimes make programmer frustrated because they still don't know how many functions as a prerequirement for the programmer without worry to create his application byhimself. Sometimes we are worry if this function has been explored ? can we with functions has been explored to be categorized as survive developer or programmer ? what about the other function ? so we suggest there is a site that provide tutorial contain functions must be mustered as a minimum prerequirement for developer to make relieve create him application by himself because they provide an example to open mind in so many direction. about the other function he or she can look it by himself but the minimum functions to create application by himself must be mastered. and this is rare for site to provide it, this is make windows programming stiff contrained by functions.
Posted on 2002-09-16 06:22:07 by newbies
newbies,
take a look at your keyboard... you see that big key between "backspace" and your right shift key?
Please use it next time because it makes your text easier to read :grin:
Posted on 2002-09-16 06:55:17 by bazik
bazik instinct your instinct is not really good to answer my question. sorry if my statement is wrong, is that a kind of suggestion for typing ?
Posted on 2002-09-17 02:07:50 by newbies
newbies,
I was just kidding with that :) It's just a bit hard to read such a block of text.
Setting some paragraphs would make it easier to read (expecially for hutch-- ;) ).
Don't take me serious :grin:
Posted on 2002-09-17 02:19:03 by bazik