Hi,
i referred your PE tutorials and have used the programs (import table & export tables).But when i used them to check the import tables of the dll that comes with AUDIOGRABBER (cd ripping software), it did not show any entries.
More over the program can not be dis assembled by winDasmv8.93.
BRW can not open the exe file & reports that there is an error in cursor format.

Please tell me how can you prevent a disassembler from disassembling a dll file & an exe file.?
Posted on 2002-09-13 02:36:22 by ajith
ajith,

Two things here, the file may NOT be a PE file or it may be compressed, the other is this forum is not willing to accept any form of reverse engineering at all, this is in our rules and it must be abided by.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-09-13 03:21:33 by hutch--
I think he just want to prevent disassemblers from disassembling his exe's and dll's. So that no one can look at the code involved on that dll or exe.
Please tell me how can you prevent a disassembler from disassembling a dll file & an exe file.?
you can use code obfuscation methods, exe packers... but this isn't a guarantee to prevent from code terrorists. :grin: There are unpackers you know. You might want to search google, because hutch-- is already loading his shotgun and fires to whoever talks about RE. :grin:

P.S. You see that cane he's holding on his avatar, that's a concealed shotgun. It will transform into a weapon. :alright:
Posted on 2002-09-13 12:55:48 by stryker