before i'm going to add scrollbars i'm thinking about to change it to a real
custom control... look at the source and you'll know what i mean... are there
really any advantages?... i tried it before and had only trouble... it was flickering
like hell. 2nd thing is: could you test it on your computers, does it run fast or
are there any bugs?

bottomline:
i was so fed up with that stupid ms lv control that i decided to write my own...
no flickering, no 5 minute delay on lvm_deleteallitems, FULL row selection,
the columnresizing is alot better, etc...

if this thing is finished it with be million times better than the real one...
i hope :)
Posted on 2002-09-16 11:19:21 by mob
Nice ok 2k ! (but, arrow keys wil not move the selection-bar...)

It's fast too.
Posted on 2002-09-16 11:49:23 by scientica
it didn't respond to keys until yet (except mk_control) ... but thats plainly simple to add.
Posted on 2002-09-16 11:54:16 by mob
Hello,

I ran your lil program. I liked the way it looks very much (thumbs up : ) and specially the way we can resize columns :) ...did you made that up?

However, scroll bars didn't show up ever in WinNT 4.0. I could only see what fits on the window (wich I can resize) and that is very bad, since I cannot use keyboard to control the view, nor move through the items... one more thing you could add, is automatic resizing when the user double-clicks a certain column.

If you want any more ideas, just ask!! :) Im too much a newbie now to make anything worth of admiration, but Ill get there... ;) ... and I'll sure use your code as a template for my own ideas.

Thanks, luck and goodbye.

Wicr0s0ft
Posted on 2002-09-16 18:10:08 by wicr0s0ft
Try lockupdate api or similar, forget what it's called. I had many items in a listview once and tried to delete them all and it was trying to update the control after each item and was slow as hell. I reduced from 1.8 minutes to 3 seconds by using the lockupdate (or whatever api) and what happens is the control won't update after each action until you specify false for the parameter.

Thanks,
_Shawn
Posted on 2002-09-16 21:03:35 by _Shawn

I ran your lil program. I liked the way it looks very much (thumbs up : ) and specially the way we can resize columns :) ...did you made that up?

um, yes?

However, scroll bars didn't show up ever in WinNT 4.0. I could only see what fits on the window (wich I can resize) and that is very bad, since I cannot use keyboard to control the view, nor move through the items... one more thing you could add, is automatic resizing when the user double-clicks a certain column.

as i wrote in the first post, scrollbars are not implemented yet, i just wanted to know
if it runs okay on different computers... thank you, that doubleclick thing sounds good...
i will add scrollbars today or this week...

_shawn, delte_all_items takes just a few clocks with my listview, i doesen't even have to
clear the data i just set the row index to zero and that's it...
Posted on 2002-09-17 03:14:49 by mob