Afternoon, All.

Attached is a QEditor plugin which highlights text as you type it.

It's quite crappy:tongue:, however maybe someone can figure out how to get it working better.
At the moment, it's doing a multipass of the characters prior to where the next character will go.
this means that if you type a line like this:
rep movsb
the final 'b' won't be coloured unless you press another key (i.e. <enter> or <space>,etc).

Also:
If you try loading the Dll again, after it's already loaded....QEditor will crash.

Cheers,
Scronty
Posted on 2002-09-19 04:14:31 by Scronty
Phil,

This one is starting to work a lot better, I have just had a play with it and while I now have serious eyestrain :grin: its within workable range.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-09-19 22:09:27 by hutch--
Is it supposed to work with the newest or the old version? I'm unable to make it work on both... Must I rebuild the dll on my own pc to make it work or is it designed for a newer version?
Posted on 2002-09-21 18:15:50 by Silas
Silas,

I tested it with the new version and it worked fine. Still has the problems that Scronty mentioned but all the colours worked OK.

I just set it up on a menu then ran it before I typed in data.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-09-22 02:30:58 by hutch--
I have the bug if I load it twice, it makes the editor crash, so I guess I load it correctly, but it still doesn't show any colors.

-------edit-------
I managed to get a little colors after I pressed enter about ten times after the first. Still, it's a nice step in this direction.
Posted on 2002-09-23 11:37:52 by Silas