Here is the newest version of my Intel instruction reference for INTEL and AMD processors.
it includes all the instructions for: i32/mmx/sse/sse2/3dnow/3dnow-extensions/AMD-mmx extentions.
I plan on changing the format slight, I'll keep older versions from now on just incase you like earlier formats better.
I also plan on adding general optimization tips thought out the reference as well.
The Itanium instruction set is different from the ia32 architecture in so many ways, I will make a different
manual just for this processor alone.
Any questions, fixes, or inprovements let me know.
:alright:
Posted on 2002-10-12 13:57:18 by GorillaCoder
Very useful indeed, great work :alright:
Posted on 2002-10-12 17:20:48 by x86asm
GorillaCoder,

Compliments, you have done a lot of work here and the results look good. One question, why have you used PDF format, is it for printing ?

What would make the data easier to use is if there was some index system so you could get at the data faster and I do not know if you can do that in PDF format. I wondered if the body of data could be put into Winhelp or HTML help form ?

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-10-13 07:17:20 by hutch--

GorillaCoder,

Compliments, you have done a lot of work here and the results look good. One question, why have you used PDF format, is it for printing ?

What would make the data easier to use is if there was some index system so you could get at the data faster and I do not know if you can do that in PDF format. I wondered if the body of data could be put into Winhelp or HTML help form ?

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com

Thanks for yours and others compliments! I used word98 to create the original document and a free software package that lets you "print" your word document to a pdf format file. I just figured people would like the pdf document better. However, I could upload the original word document AND the pdf file, this would take two separate posts because the file size would be to large for a single post, even with the files zipped. I'll see what I can do about different formats, and adding convenience links. :grin:
Posted on 2002-10-13 10:42:36 by GorillaCoder
I never knoew my Athlon's PREFETCH instruction was the same encoding as Intel's SSE PREFETCH. Weird isnt it :S
Posted on 2002-10-13 12:10:18 by x86asm
Good work :alright:
If I can give you a suggestion to make it even more complete, then.. why not add inside brackets if the instruction is e.g. Privileged and/or Serializing?
Something like:

RDMSR - Read from Model-Specific Register (Privileged,Serializing)
0F 32 RDMSR Load MSR specified by ECX into EDX:EAX

instead of:

RDMSR - Read from Model-Specific Register
0F 32 RDMSR Load MSR specified by ECX into EDX:EAX

I suggest this because I see enough free space (i.e. the docs wouldn't become longer, numbers_of_lines-wise), and because it would make the info more complete.
Posted on 2002-10-13 17:26:13 by Maverick
Very nice documentation...
I agree with Steve, it would be nice to have a CHM version too (while keeping the PDF... best for printing).

Maverick's suggestion sounds a wise addition to me, too... :)
Posted on 2002-10-13 17:34:07 by JCP
Very appreciated, GorillaCoder!
Posted on 2002-10-14 06:34:17 by japheth
Can you repost or show a place to download this great file again? thx
Posted on 2005-08-02 09:41:03 by inFinie
don't know about a download link, so here it is
Attachments:
Posted on 2005-08-02 18:12:12 by drizz
thanks
Posted on 2005-08-02 20:04:37 by comrade
0F B1/r CMPXCHG r/m16,r16 Compare AX with r/m16. If equal, ZF is set and r16 is loaded into
r/m16. Else, clear ZF and load r/m16 into AL
0F B1/r CMPXCHG r/m32,r32 Compare EAX with r/m32. If equal, ZF is set and r32 is loaded into
r/m32. Else, clear ZF and load r/m32 into AL

al, al, al?
;)
Posted on 2005-08-05 10:21:51 by rambo
A much MORE usefull reference
it's not only text....;)
Attachments:
Posted on 2005-08-05 14:12:48 by Criminal2
i can't see an atatched file. is there something like posts limit to get it?
Posted on 2005-08-20 02:08:46 by double_dword