From an original idea of Iczelion I have worked on
an idea in conjunction with Phil Wilson where a normal MASM include file using the standard MASM
prototype format can be used to create a Microsoft format IMPORT library.

There are two uses I see in mind with this toy, it is useful for people who want to use a DLL written in another language where they do not have the IMPORT library normally used with Microsoft languages and I may in a later version of MASM32 use this technology to create the IMPORT libraries instead of the ones that are supplied at the moment as it will reduce the bandwidth.

The instructions of how to use it are in a text file called README.TXT

I would be interested in anyones comments on this toy.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-10-17 05:17:50 by hutch--
This tool would be useful. :alright:

Just testing it...

Question: Is CDECL (or C in MASM) calling convention supported??
Posted on 2002-10-17 05:46:46 by minimoog
Sure is,

Just make sure that when you use a C calling convention in a prototype that you use the correct MASM syntax to do it.

Let me know if it works OK, my own testing has been successful with C calling conventions.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-10-17 07:23:28 by hutch--
Urrrrgh !

Sad to say I am having a problem with the rewrite that handles wildcard names. I have it working perfectly on win95b but when I tested it on win98se, everything works but ML and Link do not build the library correctly so i am trying to track it down at the moment.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-10-21 07:50:32 by hutch--
OK,

I worked out the problem, the test installation I was using had the wrong version of LINK, it needs the version supplied with MASM32 to work correctly, the version I had problems with was from the XP DDK.

There is a readme.txt file to explain how it works.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-10-21 09:42:32 by hutch--
Been waiting ages for an utility like that! Great worK!
Posted on 2002-10-21 13:10:53 by comrade