Only in rare cases, e.g. in one case involving Direct-X.. but I finished the job in the place that time.

I tend to write extremely modular code, spreaded in many different source files, and use the Watcom option to complain about any code that is not strictly ANSI. Most of the times they just gave me the C source code and wanted it optimized.. thus my work was asm related.. or one time they gave me 32 bit C routines (for a gfx program) and asked me to convert them (still in C) to 64 bit (for increased precision). Later, they asked me to optimize them (to use inline asm). Watcom 11's inline _asm (not the IMO superior #pragma based original Watcom inline asm) proved 100% compatible with VisualC 6 (the compiler they were using), I even did development work 100% in DOS (and/or DOS Box), although the program was for Windows.

May I ask you why do you need to know? Do you have problems with cross development?
Posted on 2002-10-23 02:52:34 by Maverick
A company I used to work for gave me their copy of visual studio when they went out of business. I installed it and am having a hell of a time figuring out all the switches and "features". I entered a couple of small programs from magazines and none of them compile without errors. I think I need to take a class just to find out how to work the "on" button. :mad:
Posted on 2002-10-24 20:20:25 by drhowarddrfine
Ask bitRAKE and others who know here. :)

I recall that the few times I used VisualC++ IDE I had troubles too.. but they were fixed mostly by using the right settings for the linker and compiler, in the Project menu/window IIRC.

Really, I'm more a command-line primitive beast. ;)
Posted on 2002-10-25 03:06:29 by Maverick