edit: I didn't realize I had made a post with the same name as someone else until now. Sorry about that.

Ok, call me stupid (I don't mind), but I had this episode this other day...

I was working in QEditor and aparently I had 2 instances of the same document open. I didn't know this though. I was working in one part of the program and I saved the file. I then tried to run it, and realized it didn't run, so I opened up the other instance and changed what needed to be changed. I saved the file and tried to run it. I got about 500 errors. I didn't realize I just saved over my old code because the new instance didn't have the code that I just wrote. I couldn't figure out what happened, and I recoded it differenly. I recoded it a bit differently... This recode made the second code not work and also saved over. After about 5 more times of doing this I figured out I had 2 instances of the same program open. I felt stupid and moved on. It gave me good PHP coding practice though (I use QEditor to code my PHP stuff).

It gave me a good idea though. If you were to add one cool feature, it would be to see if the file open has been modified since last save, and if it is, open that file. This way I could code in two or three parts of the same .asm document and not have to worry about my little problem :)
Posted on 2001-08-30 22:02:44 by Kenny
Your not the only one whos had this problem.
Posted on 2001-08-30 23:05:50 by ChimpFace9000
lol, and lol at the sig too :grin:
Posted on 2001-08-31 00:02:43 by Kenny
Hutch, I don't know if you read this message or not, but another cool non-nusience feature would be addition of a quicksave hotkey 'ctrl-s'
Posted on 2001-09-02 16:08:23 by Kenny
Kenny,

What about the Alt+S built into the editor for quick save, I have basically divided the hotkeys so you have Alt in the File Menu or CTRL in the edit menu.

Alt+S is a one hand operation and was done that way on purpose.

Regards,

hutch@pbq.com.au
Posted on 2001-09-04 08:37:19 by hutch--
ohhhh I didn't even think of that.

All MS products are ctrl-s, so I naturally assumed it to be ctrl-s. Sorry about that. What about the other suggestions though?
Posted on 2001-09-04 08:40:40 by Kenny