where can I write my code, is it in the qeditor or?

and how do i link it or compile..
please don't flame me I'm new to this.....

thanks golpemortal

:alright:
Posted on 2002-10-22 21:32:24 by golpemortal
Load an example in the qeditor and click on Build all from the menu
Posted on 2002-10-23 01:21:10 by JCP
Hello!

Assuming that your source file is located in c:\masm32\bin folder, you can prepare a tiny .BAT file:

ml /c /coff /Cp Mysource.asm
link /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /LIBPATH:c:\masm32\lib Mysource.obj

and then run the xxxx.BAT file :alright:

Regards,

Vortex
Posted on 2002-10-23 03:02:01 by Vortex
Vortex, Masm32 already has these .bat files in the BIN directory... in fact, QEditor uses these batch files to assemble code :) Lets not make this more complicated than it needs to be...

golpemortal:
Once you've played with a few of the samples, maybe made a program or two yourself, you might want to install a better editor than QEditor. In that case you can go check out the IDE forum and download AsmEdit or RadASM, both integrate very nicely with Masm32. Personally I prefer RadASM (http://radasm.visualassembler.com/) but many people also use AsmEdit.

Also, don't forget to read the FAQ (in the FAQ forum) :)
Posted on 2002-10-24 09:08:55 by Qweerdy
thanks Qweerdy
Posted on 2002-10-31 21:50:33 by golpemortal
Hi,golpemortal,

it seems that u r also a new beginner, I am also a new beginner too,

but I have never used the editors u refered. I used UltraEdit to write my code, and then compile and like the

files manually

and this afternoon, I switched to the ides named asmEdit 4.6, it is a free and wonderful tools,
I strongly recommender u use this tool.

good luck and let's make progress together at here.

:alright:
Posted on 2002-11-01 03:33:59 by ian__woo
golpemortal,

There is some wisdom in taking things easy at the start and getting used to how things work before you start changing the basic methods that you use to build files.

MASM32 is set up as simple as possible so that you can understand how it all hangs together and once you have done that, there are a number of options you can take if you want to do things differently.

Ketil Olsen's RadAsm is popular, Ewayne Wagner's IDE is popular with others and some set up the whole system from scratch with commercial editors like Ultra Edit.

Once you know how the different build methods work, you can set up your own assembler development environment without any real problems.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-11-01 06:33:35 by hutch--
thanks guys .....
I really thank you for all the help you are giving me.....
Posted on 2002-11-01 21:25:18 by golpemortal
I find that EmEditor is a nice one also, works really well with masm as well as c++ and other type's of languages.
Posted on 2002-11-17 17:47:53 by chainie