Still no way to define unicode strings... 'du' directive only defines unicode strings in english right. I think there should be a directive to define multi-byte and unicode characters and their arrays (mb and unicode strings). What about it?
Posted on 2002-10-29 19:54:42 by Alex Smith
Look here for a solution: http://www.asmcommunity.net/board/index.php?topic=8314

I cannot build the Unicode support directly into fasm, because it runs on different operating systems and the character conversion functions are available only in Win32.
Posted on 2002-10-30 01:09:12 by Tomasz Grysztar
Of course, I knew this solutiog before. Macroses are good enough but not perfect solution. :)
But as far as I know, there are unicode APIs under *nixes...
Posted on 2002-10-30 16:12:47 by Alex Smith
But definitely not under DOS (I still like this version the most). And also there would be problem with choosing the code page for conversion.
But if you really need it, you can modify the word_string function in "assemble.inc" to do MultiByteToWideChar before stosw and recompile the Win32 version (btw you can replace "format PE console on '..\dos\fasm.com'" with "format PE console on 'nul'" if you don't need DOS version at all, executable will be much smaller).
Posted on 2002-10-30 16:27:59 by Tomasz Grysztar
Thanks a lot :) How didn't I think about fasm sources before! :rolleyes:
Posted on 2002-10-31 16:31:06 by Alex Smith