Moin,

I just feel lazy at home and at work and since I own a laptop I thought I could code a bit here and there.

What I like is this Moorhuhn-Game style. For those of you who don't know what I mean.
You see a scenario in front of you, your cursor is an aim-cross and you shoot at enemies, teletubbies, politicians, whatsoever. Now you should know what I mean :D

Does anyone have any sourcecode for this engine-type. I doesn't need to be in ASM because I can read C/C++, DELPHI too.

It would be cool, if you contact me with some code.
Posted on 2001-08-31 16:01:02 by Mr. Unknown
First of all this is an ASM forum....there are other C/C++/Delphi oriented gamedev forums (Gamedev, FlipCode, Gamasutra etc)
please ask questions about Makeing Games in ASM here ...

Second you dont ask ppl to write code for you...
(you write your own code)

Then i guess there are a lots of free source codes from "old" Doom and Quake and Descent games out there ... search the internet a little man...

(they all have some ASM inside but mainly C)
Posted on 2001-08-31 22:30:44 by BogdanOntanu
Hello Bogdan Ontanu,

I am afraid you misunderstood my posting.

I know this is an ASM Forum and I said I code in ASM and not C or Delphi. My intention was to make clear that replies could include Delphi or C solutions since I know that alot of ASMers use other languages as well and have a big amount of snippets and tuts around.

I didn't ask people to write code for me, I asked for some sources and/or tuts explaining the concept. My point was that I don't really know where to start creating an engine and what I found on the internet was about 3D stuff.

As I just said I don't want 3D Stuff (as Doom and Quake and ... are) but I want a 2D stuff. What I need is a tutor to follow (I found one for 3D called something with "Creating a cutting edge engine" and this one was cool) or a source for this type of engine.

PLEASE NOTE: I am willing to work hard on it, but I something which leads me to the right way.
Posted on 2001-09-01 02:05:52 by Mr. Unknown
Hi.

Did you check out GameDev (http://www.gamedev.net) yet? How about Gamasutra (http://www.gamasutra.com)?

In GameDev you will find quite a bit of support for game developers, but I don't think you will find a whole lot of ASM-friendly people there, though. There are some topics and tutories in ASM, however.

Hope this helps...

CarlosM7
Posted on 2001-09-01 19:25:34 by CarlosM7
Please excuse for early ASSUME ..

On gamedev it was a FULL game tutorial written in ASM, a Tetris Clone written by Chris Hobbs i belive, find it, grab it, dig it...its ALL you need, full DirectX (DirectDraw + DSound) 2D engine ... i belive it should be on Iczelion's site also...eh...

IF you can not find it, drop me an email and i will check my HDD once again ;)
Posted on 2001-09-01 20:53:50 by BogdanOntanu