Hello,

I would really like to have a POP3 client written in ASM, using winsockets, with source code of course. Just the basic features - connecting to server, reading and deleting messages with attachments - would suffice. GUI doesn't matter. I darkly remember bazik has promized to post sucj code some years ago, but till now nothing happened.

japheth
Posted on 2002-11-05 09:43:14 by japheth
japheth,

You can use JimmyClif SpamKiller from
http://spiff.tripnet.se/~iczelion/, for receiving email and

Farrier M32Mail from http://www.asmcommunity.net/board/index.php?topic=3759&highlight=farrier for sending email.

They both use winsock, very good examples if you want to write
your own program. That's what I did.

Guy
Posted on 2002-11-07 08:06:35 by Guy
i think he is waiting for bazik to post his email client. Bazik, you finished on that project?
Posted on 2002-11-07 10:08:28 by roticv
/me looks on his bash shell....

Ermm... I didnt touch windows programming for the last 3 or more months and wont do in the near future.
The (still) unfinished source code is on one of my backup cd's... I'll look for it when I got some more time.
Posted on 2002-11-07 12:25:57 by bazik
Thanks for replying.

Guy, I didnt find the Spamkiller stuff.

bazik, I would appreciate your code. Doesnt matter if its not finished yet. Actually I just hesitate to write such an app from scratch.
Posted on 2002-11-08 01:55:30 by japheth
Posted on 2002-11-08 06:57:12 by Guy
japheth,

you can try:
h__p://wasm.ru/src/7/spammer.zip

Guy,
"They both use winsock, very good examples if you want to write
your own program. "

I don't think so, due to they use synchronous APIs only.

regards,
lingo
Posted on 2002-11-08 07:01:00 by lingo12
thanks Guy and lingo12, I found the "spamkiller" finally. Think it will suffice my demands.
Posted on 2002-11-09 07:44:41 by japheth
can you post what you did please
it'll help so much
and thanks japheth for your posts that help very much
Posted on 2002-11-24 18:47:06 by Thor0Asgard
Thor0Asgard,

I want to write my own mail client, but it is not finished yet. To warm up, I made some enhancements to JimmyClifs Spamkiller. I have put this here
Posted on 2002-11-26 01:20:45 by japheth
You can also use the Windows MAPI (Messaging API), there are many resources available on how to use it, and it is much simpler, smaller for your executable (I think you want a small executable because you write win32asm) and less buggy than your own implementation, probably :)
Posted on 2002-12-14 11:59:56 by death
death,

what I want my client program to do:
- it should work on any windows client with internet access without any installation
- to view the content of my POP3 accounts without deleting the mails on the server

extended MAPI cannot be used because it requires progs like MS Outlook being installed. OE, Eudora ... install simple MAPI only and with that you dont get too far. I have thought first of handling POP3 by myself and doing the other stuff through simple MAPI (saving mails in the message store, using the address book, sending mails) but have found some severe limitations of simple MAPI so far.

I can live very well with bugs if they are in my self-written progs :)

japheth
Posted on 2002-12-15 11:39:49 by japheth