Hello all of you guys.......
It's very long to post a message.. can anyone help me out...
My problem is :-
How can I write an library for myself ?

Anyone please answer..
see u guys
bye
Posted on 2002-11-12 22:39:51 by processingspeed
You can read the iczelion tutorial -number 17- about how to create them.
This is the link: http://spiff.tripnet.se/~iczelion/tut17.html
I hope it can help you.
Posted on 2002-11-12 23:25:35 by Kecol
Thanks Kecol for the reply...

but my problem is associated with static library coding.. do anyone has any idea about how to write static library e.g "masm32.lib" or "kernel32.lib".. sort of things so that everyone use it.

Any answer ???

bye
Posted on 2002-11-13 06:29:00 by processingspeed
Look at the linker documentation...
Posted on 2002-11-13 06:57:12 by JCP
Again I am facing the same problem..........

Please help me out ....... because I am unable to find the linker documentation....... please, someone give me any link so that I can consult that to clear my confusion.......

reply awaited..
bye
Posted on 2002-11-13 08:17:02 by processingspeed
Generate the output as MS COFF and get the Microsoft Linker (available in Iczelion's website or in the MASM32 package).

IIRC, it comes with an hlp file for the linker (link.exe) and if it isn't present "link /?" should help...
Posted on 2002-11-13 08:21:13 by JCP
Perhaps I can be corrected if I'm wrong, but if you program in fasm, you can't have libraries like that. Masm32 can have libraries by using lib instead of link (does the same job but with a command line more), but fasm can only compile directly to an exe.

(Or did it change in the last versions??)
Posted on 2002-11-13 11:49:20 by Silas
Silas,

Yes, one of the main features of FASM is to be able to directly compile as an executable file.
As from version 1.40, FASM is able to output object files in either DJGPP format or MS format.
With this object file, one can use any linker able to create libraries... but each time the user will want to use the library, he will have to output his sources as obj files and link them against the library.
Posted on 2002-11-14 00:57:08 by JCP