Hi

I just finished my mp3 editor for tag v1. Everything works ok on tag v1, but tag v2 is not in use for now. I will try to finish this too. I used MPEG info procedure from Thomas for displaying this info. Thanks again Thomas. Thanks goes to Mob and to Sloarz for helping me on memory mapped files. Of course big thank to all people on this board.

stanks

MP3 Editor.zip
Posted on 2002-12-05 12:31:32 by stanks
I've got an MP3 v2 reader that I wrote a while back (v2.3 only) I've attached the source if you want it. Decodes about 50 different frame types, the full V1 tag and the audio tag. You can use it as a starting point for your v2 editor.
Posted on 2002-12-06 06:36:23 by donkey
stanks,

400 Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
The request line contained invalid characters following the protocol string.
Posted on 2002-12-06 09:16:04 by gscundiff
gscundiff what do you mean? I try to d/l again from server where this archive is without problem.

stanks
Posted on 2002-12-06 09:29:00 by stanks
It could be because of the Netscape browser I'm using. I'll try it with M$ IE in a few.

----------------------------------------
Later that same day:

Yep, doesn't like Netscape..IE grabbed it fine.
Posted on 2002-12-06 09:41:12 by gscundiff
I try it with netscape v7 now and it works ok too.
:grin:

stanks
Posted on 2002-12-06 10:11:30 by stanks
Hi donkey,

Is that what is in IPicture.asm?
I looked at your code but stopped there because that file wasn't included in your .zip

Hi stanks,

Your code works fine on WinME..I've been playing around with it all morning. Thanks for posting!
Posted on 2002-12-07 07:18:24 by gscundiff
can you post it and also the Ipicture.asm included and a compiled version of your prog please
Posted on 2002-12-07 07:33:24 by Thor0Asgard
Sorry I forgot that was in there. I have no right to put that include here, it doesn't belong to me. It was something that I adapted from Ernest Murphy's ImageLib routines you can remove the following lines from the ASM file then remove the include. It just converted the JPG attached image to a bitmap handle.

Somewhere around line 1155 I think

;REMOVE THESE LINES THEN REMOVE THE IPicture.inc reference

.IF FrameType == frame_APIC && (ItemIndex == 45)
mov BitmapHandle,NULL
mov eax,FRAMESTART
add eax,11
mov edi,eax
add edi,MapFileOffset

mov eax,edi
add eax,FRAMESIZE
mov FRAMEMAX,eax

@@:
mov al,
inc edi
cmp edi,FRAMEMAX
jae SkipBitmap
cmp al,0
jne @B
inc edi
@@:
mov al,
inc edi
cmp edi,FRAMEMAX
jae SkipBitmap
cmp al,0
jne @B
invoke BitmapFromMemory,edi,FRAMESIZE
mov BitmapHandle,eax
invoke GetBitmapDimensionEx,BitmapHandle,ADDR BMPSize
invoke CopyImage,BitmapHandle,IMAGE_BITMAP,BMPSize.x,BMPSize.y,LR_COPYDELETEORG
mov BitmapHandle,eax
invoke SetBitmapDimensionEx,BitmapHandle,BMPSize.x,BMPSize.y,NULL

SkipBitmap:
invoke UnmapViewOfFile,MapFileOffset
invoke CloseHandle,hMapFile
invoke CloseHandle,hFile
mov eax,BitmapHandle
ret
.endif

As a side note this software was for personal use, for this reason I thought it was OK to use the library without permission. If I was wrong well, sorry Mr. Murphy.

Donkey
Posted on 2002-12-07 07:34:42 by donkey
Hi donkey,

Thanks for the explanation..and the instructions to alter your source. That will give me a chance to play around with it later today!
Posted on 2002-12-07 07:56:06 by gscundiff
Hi

I forget to tell that mp3 editor was tested on win95 and win2k (and friends win xp) without problems. So i think that it will work ok on every windows version.

Hi donkey

Thanks for posting here your program. It's great. I will try to check (i mean understand :) ) your routines. I have some problems understanding tag header info for v2.3.0
:o

stanks
Posted on 2002-12-07 10:39:38 by stanks
This is what I used to decode the ID3v2.3.0 header
Posted on 2002-12-07 10:48:35 by donkey
Thanks for all info donkey. I didn't check your code yet. I was trying to solve this by myself. I just uploaded new version of mp3 tag editor. Genre stuff is sorted and eveything work ok (at least i hope :) ). Tag v2.3.0 is read only (and not all frame headers, just usual ones).

stanks

MP3 Editor v1.1.0
Posted on 2002-12-14 05:27:43 by stanks
I have found some errors and problems, so please don't use it on original mp3. Use it on backup of original file. Sorry :(

stanks
Posted on 2002-12-14 11:55:47 by stanks
Hi

I have uploaded new version with some bug fixes and new look. TAG v2 is still in read mode only. This is debug version too. And yes you have to double click on file to see all info.

stanks

MP3 Editor v1.2.0
Posted on 2002-12-17 12:36:11 by stanks
Hi

New version with new look and with more functionality (i hope :) ) Test it on backup mp3 files.
Thoughts good or bad post here :D

MP3 TAG Editor v1.4.2.zip

stanks
Posted on 2003-12-21 14:35:34 by stanks
I was checking my procedures and i realize that GetMP3Tag2 looks like hell :mad:, so i have to rewrite it to look better :grin:

stanks
Posted on 2003-12-22 13:34:04 by stanks
Can you check my program, because i have complaints than some users can't see tag info. They try this on more than 100 mp3 files, but no info. I test my program on more than 1000 mp3 files and everything was ok.
Thanks in advance

stanks
Posted on 2003-12-23 14:21:10 by stanks
I fix some bugs that occur under XP. I will upload new version today. This version works OK under 2k and XP.

stanks
Posted on 2003-12-26 01:24:04 by stanks

Can you check my program, because i have complaints than some users can't see tag info. They try this on more than 100 mp3 files, but no info. I test my program on more than 1000 mp3 files and everything was ok.
Thanks in advance

stanks

Hi :)
Didn't get much free time to test it, but I gave it a quick glance. I have Win98 and the program always reports my mp3 files to have tags (even if that's not the case), but I cannot see any. Also I had this weird explorer crash after the system somehow lost it ability to load icons :grin: but probably that's not related to your app anyway).
Is there any way I can help?
Posted on 2003-12-26 11:44:09 by QvasiModo