Hello Privalov.
I have a question.How did you vertical selection ?
If you want,send a simple example.

Regards,Manos.
Posted on 2002-12-05 14:44:56 by Anonymous
The vertical selection is a feature built-in my ASMEDIT control. Its latest version is now integrated in the FASMW program, but it still can be compiled into a separate DLL. Here is an example program utilizing this library (just a simple modification of the standard MiniPad example), also sources for the library are provided (the include file containing main ASMEDIT sources is taken from the FASMW sources). If there is some interest, I would write some small documentation for ASMEDIT-specific styles and messages, it has nice support for syntax highlighting etc.

(I have modified the thread title, because it was not enough detailed)
Posted on 2002-12-05 18:04:36 by Tomasz Grysztar
I have found bug in AsmEdit, wanted to report it for some time now. When you select a few lines, and press Ctrl+X (cut), the selected area dissappears fine. But selecting the same area, and pressing delete will only delete the first character. Also, is it possible to make option for "no selection beyond EOL (end of line)" like in EditPro?
Posted on 2002-12-05 18:21:56 by comrade
This is not a bug, it's because of AES_SECURESEL style, that is applied to ASMEDIT control when you have selected "Secure selection" option in the "Options" menu of FASMW. In the AsmPad example no special feature styles are applied, so it behaves more like the standard Windows editor.
About such selection option - it would need only changing selection displaying algorithms, because spaces after the end of line are not copied to clipboard anyway.
Posted on 2002-12-05 18:25:12 by Tomasz Grysztar
I forgot to add that you can switch the vertical selection by pressing Alt+Insert inside the ASMEDIT control.
Posted on 2002-12-05 18:52:44 by Tomasz Grysztar
Thanks Privalov.

If you want,send the part of code for vertical selection with comments.

Regards,Manos.
Posted on 2002-12-06 12:29:14 by Anonymous
It's impossible, because vertical selection feature is there thanks to whole control architecture, so I can't simply extract only code for that, because of all dependencies.
Posted on 2002-12-06 14:22:12 by Tomasz Grysztar
You are right.

Thanks for reply,Manos.
Posted on 2002-12-06 14:39:21 by Anonymous