Hello,

The WM_MOVING message comes with an interesting wParam...

fwSide (wParam) Indicates which edge of the window is being moved. This parameter can be a combination of the following values:
WMSZ_BOTTOM, WMSZ_BOTTOMLEFT ... etc

How do I determine the "combination" of these values that wParam contains? I'm assuming it involves some logic operations, and although I'm getting a grip on ASM now, I'm still a HLL freak and need help with this kind of bit twiddling.

Thanks!
Posted on 2002-12-09 18:14:42 by frep45
Hi frep45,

These definitions are in the windows.inc file:

WMSZ_LEFT equ 1
WMSZ_RIGHT equ 2
WMSZ_TOP equ 3
WMSZ_TOPLEFT equ 4
WMSZ_TOPRIGHT equ 5
WMSZ_BOTTOM equ 6
WMSZ_BOTTOMLEFT equ 7
WMSZ_BOTTOMRIGHT equ 8

The possible window edge combinations are there, unless you're trying to move the bottomleft and topleft at the same time! (my mouse-hand isn't quick enough to do that) :grin:
Posted on 2002-12-09 18:57:18 by gscundiff
:(

Wow. Heh. I guess uhh... I didn't think of it like that.
[ hides away in corner ]

I instantly assumed when it said it could be a "combination of the following values," that I would need to do something to extract each individual value. I should've thought it through. Very premature jumping to conclusion on my part :rolleyes: ... Although can someone agree with me on the fact that the API reference should say "one of the following values" instead of "combination"?
Posted on 2002-12-09 19:52:54 by frep45
I suppose you COULD move (let's say) bottomleft and topleft at the same time...but never tried it.
Posted on 2002-12-09 19:57:25 by gscundiff