Hi yoursguideline

Thanks,

Bugs:

1. Clicking too fast makes it a double clik wich is not handled by the control. I will fix thet.
2. Did you change the font to chinese?

The toolbar is only part of the demo, not the control I am creating.

Yes the line numbers needs more space.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-12-13 01:43:17 by KetilO
Hi all

Mayor rework has been done.
Think I have its behaviour in place now.
Still needs some optimalization tho.

Go to first post for an updated demo.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-12-15 07:24:34 by KetilO
KetilO,

I noticed that when I open Windows.inc and another fairly large file, the memory usage of your editor never goes above 9 kb, even when scrolling very fast. The processor usage jumps to 90% though. Will this be more balanced out in the final version?
I have no objection to each file being loaded completely in memory as I have 512 mb RAM. The processor usage could be a problem when listening to music though...
Posted on 2002-12-15 07:38:20 by Qweerdy
Hi Qweerdy

The whole file is loaded into memory. Partial file loading is ancient tecnology and belongs to those days when memory specs were given in Kb.
Cpu usage. Don't think it will create any problems. The OS does an exelent job dividing processor time between processes. I will do some optimalizations so I guess cpu usage will go down or more will be processed in its timeslot.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-12-15 12:08:27 by KetilO
Heh... I stand corrected. I must have been programming in ASM for too long:

I thought the numbers in task manager were kilobytes, but they were megabytes. :grin:

That's how I got the idea that not the entire file was loaded. I though maybe you were using memory mapped files... ah well.

:stupid:
Posted on 2002-12-15 12:16:51 by Qweerdy
All I can say is... WOW! This thing is getting better by the update :-) I really like the Highlight selection,I can have each proc or section a different color, be easier to visually find something. Will it be in the final release? Customized? Keep up the great work!
Posted on 2002-12-15 13:00:22 by Gunner
Hi Gunner

It was intended (among other) to hilite compiler/assembler errors, but as you said it has other uses.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-12-15 13:11:35 by KetilO
Hi KetilO,
I was playing with you editor and it seems that there is a little bug. I have just downloaded the zip, so it should be up to date. I wrote some lines of text:
sfasdsad

asdasdas
asdasdas
asdasd
asdasds
sdfsdfdsf

Then I selected the first three and highlighted with color#1, then the last three and when I chose color#2 the editor hanged up eating 99% of CPU. I have tested it several times and the editor hanged up all the times.
Posted on 2002-12-15 16:18:19 by LuHa
Hi LuHa

Thanks,

It happends if you make a multiline selection and the last line is not ended with a CrLf.

The bug is in the demo IDE not in RAEdit. I will fix it.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-12-15 16:58:33 by KetilO
Fine :alright:
Posted on 2002-12-15 17:14:13 by LuHa
Hi all

Uploaded latest.

Whats new:

- Fixed a paint bug in RAEdit. Dragging a window across the edit control could leave unpainted areas.
- Fixed a hilite selection bug in demo IDE. Could meke the IDE enter infinit loop.
- Added lock selection to the demo IDE.
- Added EM_LINELENGHT message to RAEdit.
- Made changes to cursor movements when there was a selection.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-12-16 03:38:33 by KetilO
Ketilo,
The control is pretty nice but why do you want to create a custom one when RichEdit has already been working fine for you?
Posted on 2002-12-16 13:29:54 by clippy
Hi gladiator

1. I want to learn, and creating something useful at the same time.
2. The richedit is really not fitted for code editing. You have no idea what mess default behaviour of the richedit creates.
3. Expand/collapse cannot be done properly with the richedit.
4. The richedit does not support DBCS fonts or even national character sets properly (without turning to unicode).
5. The richedit is slow on file load/save and find text.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-12-16 14:09:58 by KetilO
Hi all

New upload at the top of this thread.

Whats new:

- Added styles
- Added several richedit messages
- Speed optimized selection painting
- Fixed a few bugs

KetilO
Posted on 2002-12-17 07:05:13 by KetilO
there's a bug with selecting. if you try to go past the end-of-file when selecting, it looks like it keeps going, but the line number doesn't change. it's just painting over the previous lines i guess.

scrolling up when selecting seems to cause problems as well.
Posted on 2002-12-17 13:14:22 by Sloat
Hi Sloat

Thanks,

There seem to be problems with the optimalization of one of the position converting routines.
These routines are getting a bit messy so its time for a rewrite.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-12-17 14:41:45 by KetilO
Hi all

New upload at the top of this thread.

Whats new:

- Fixed known bugs
- Some more optimalizetions

KetilO
Posted on 2002-12-18 08:01:40 by KetilO
Ketil,

The line numbers doesn't flicker anymore...
I discovered another bug : when selecting a comment (italic text), the selected text is not italic anymore... (it comes back to italic when deselected).
Is it normal ?

I can't change the text to an italic font, either.

btw, I didn't found how to make the line numbers bigger... the only thing I can change is the size of the input text, not the line numbers, or maybe I have been missing the feature ?

Regards,
Posted on 2002-12-18 08:16:43 by JCP
Hi Readiosys

Yes, setting italic font does not work, and selection is painted with normal font. I will fix thet.
The demo IDE does not have an option for setting linenumber font yet. It has, for now, to be done in the WM_INITDIALOG

KetilO
Posted on 2002-12-18 08:26:41 by KetilO
Just downloaded the demo... and wow it looks really good.

One bug found:
When you open a new "document" and click backspace the editor crashes. Same happens everytime when you click backspace at the very topmost line of the document and there is no text anymore on that line.
Posted on 2002-12-18 15:49:50 by SamiP