Has anyone played around with these interfaces, used for extracting TypeLib info? The MSDN has alot of info on it, but no example. Im hoping to cut back the R&D time to revise the TBL2INC.EXE tool that Maurice M. had provided a couple of years ago... As far as i know he is the only person to play around with this stuff...

If anyone has any info, tuts, examples (any language), or just something to say about it.. Please let me know ;)

Thanx again!
:alright:
NaN
Posted on 2002-12-21 12:21:33 by NaN
Any language? I played around with ITypeLib an ITypeInfo to extract info from ActiveX controls and dlls I think last year for a future version of IE Zone Editor. I have to search my zip disks for the code, the code will be in VB but it should help.....

Off to search...
Posted on 2002-12-21 12:37:28 by Gunner
My VB Code only grabbed the GUID and library name so it would be of no help to you... BUT I looked through my old links and here is what I got for you:

VBAccelerator has an ActiveX Documentor and uses the TLBINF32.dll to get all the info from a typelib, maybe you can modify the source to spit out MASM compatible inc files?

http://vbaccelerator.nuwebhost.com/codelib/actvxdoc/article.htm
you will need the following control for it to work:
http://vbaccelerator.nuwebhost.com/codelib/ssubtmr/ssubtmr.htm
You will have to register the control first with regsvr32 before all can work.

Found a chm file that describes the tlbinf32.dll and the platform SDK has loads of info on ITypeLib and ITypeInfo!

Hope this helps you
:)
Posted on 2002-12-21 14:14:59 by Gunner
Posted on 2002-12-21 14:54:32 by Wayne
Wow, Im very impressed with the speed of the help provided, and the quality as well..

Thanx to both of you for you help!

Gunner, I dont know where you found the .chm, but its quite handy to have. Its actually my prefered documentation media. Thanx you!

Wayne, thanks for the suggestion its a good one that somehow i never caught wind of...

Japheth, Fantastic program! Thanks. I regret finding this source now, after hand transcribing smaller packages... Oh well, school of hard knocks is not necessarily a bad road to take.. just a slower one ;)

Thanks again to everyone for your assistance!
:alright:
NaN
Posted on 2002-12-21 23:04:51 by NaN
I'd refer you to sean's pages He did a rudimentary type lib explorer (in C/C++) with excellent explanations

(way better then my first attempts lol)
Posted on 2002-12-22 09:47:43 by Ernie
Posted on 2002-12-22 12:16:47 by NaN
yup, sean's pretty good one! btw, Ernie, i had tried to access your homepage, but got nothing. are still there?

thanks
Posted on 2002-12-25 06:13:31 by dion
Posted on 2002-12-26 21:31:03 by NaN
thanks NaN ;) but it seems not updated for long time :(

Ernie: seeing your COM example, the smallest size was 7KB. just wonder if it can be goto lower size again, maybe about 2KB?

btw, Ernie, your AsmCtrl sample is crash in me :(

ps. is there any pretty :cool: COM control example? so, it would be exciting to make it in masm using CoLib :D boring enuff seeing ugly sample ;p

thanks
Posted on 2002-12-27 07:30:45 by dion