NaN, strange that you are still getting the error?
Works fine with ML 7.0
Posted on 2002-12-26 17:44:35 by bitRAKE
Bitrake,

I am also getting the same error.

Any file that has macos in it fail. I have them failing inside Repeat, While and For,Forc loops

the only safe thing so far that I have found is using IF

I have even tried using a For , then calling a second macro that then does the including of the file. Still produces an internal assembler error

doesnt seem to be a way around this that I have found.

Its possible it was a Masm bug that M$ have resolved in ML 7

Its a shame we cant all switch to ML 7, well legally anyways :)
Posted on 2002-12-26 18:42:34 by compucoder
compucoder said:
Its a shame we cant all switch to ML 7, well legally anyways

Why not? Download the October 2000 Platform SDK from Microsoft and it is included! Everything is updated:
ml, rc, cvtres etc... BUT ml and rc only works on win 2000 and above now :-( won't work on win 9x
Posted on 2002-12-26 20:52:07 by Gunner
Hey gunner, some questions for you

You say it only works on Win2k and above.
What about the executables....do they work on all verions if the dll for ml 7 is shipped with it?
Or will it work on any OS if the dll is there?

Also, if you say it was given away in the ddk.
Possible you could set me(any anoyone else) up with it. Legal issues permitting of course. I dont condone pirating of any sorts so unless you can destribute it dont put the board in jeopardy in doing so.

Otherwise can you post a link to the ddk for Oct 2000 that has it.

thanx
Posted on 2002-12-27 21:31:04 by compucoder
Yes, anything you compile with version 7.x of ml and the other utilities works with all Windows OS's as long as you don't use anything OS specific i.e. if you use HeapValidate then it will not work on non "NT" OS's so it won't work on Win 9.x/ME. You don't have to ship any dll unless you use a dll that is not part of the OS.

Download the "Core" SDK to get the updated ML and utilities from:
http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/sdkupdate/home.htm
Posted on 2002-12-27 21:39:56 by Gunner
Hey Gunner,

I always use and download the PSDK.

It doesnt include ML or any other assembler utilities.

You would think it may be installed when you install the debugging tools but no luck there either.

From what I understand ml and related utils only are included in the DDK which is not freely downloadable or distributable. You can only get it now by paying the shipping and having M$ send you the CD for it.

Others may have to confirm this though
Posted on 2002-12-28 08:55:50 by compucoder

From what I understand ml and related utils only are included in the DDK which is not freely downloadable or distributable. You can only get it now by paying the shipping and having M$ send you the CD for it.

Others may have to confirm this though
Correct.
Posted on 2002-12-28 11:15:26 by bitRAKE
Yuppers, my mistake... it is not part of the psdk. :(
Posted on 2002-12-28 11:21:48 by Gunner