Hi ipadilla

Yes the code that checks for code blocks is eager and sloppy.
Oh boy, do you own an assembly code file in GB size?
Mine never gets bigger than 200k before I chop them into smaller pices.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-01-01 11:57:07 by KetilO
Hi KetiIO,

No, I do not use so big files, but when I am checking a program I like to extract conclusions.
In fact, to select or mark a GB-file is not a frequent thing, but...
Hutch?s Pack use some big files, ie: Windows.inc. Sometime is necesary to look up these big files.

Thank you for your answer.

Ipadilla
Posted on 2003-01-01 12:53:25 by ipadilla
Hi ipadilla

But windows.inc is <1Mb
Working with files in the 2-3Mb range should not be a problem.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-01-01 13:23:40 by KetilO
Hi all

New upload.

Whats new:
- Fixed slow Select All.
- Fixed slow caret movement on proc line.
- Fixed bookmark paint bug.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-01-02 05:16:02 by KetilO
Hi Ketilo;
Just a quick question on your upgrades. You had it listed as radasm20f.zip, and today as
radasm20h.zip. But both times when I downloaded the file, it displayed radasm20e.zip.
Could you have mistakenly attached the wrong file to your link? When I looked at radasm20f.zip
and compared it to radasm20e.zip. The files looked to be the same?
:confused:
Posted on 2003-01-02 10:50:39 by yrret
Hi yrret

It should be downloaded as rasasm20h.zip and with a size of 132108 bytes.
Don't know why you don't get that file.

I always get the file that I uploaded.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-01-02 12:53:02 by KetilO
I downloaded RadASM2 and unzipped it and then went to run it.

It put up a message that it could not find an .ini file?

Where can I find this ini file please?

Outsider
Posted on 2003-01-02 21:50:35 by Outsider
Outsider,

You will have to download the full version of RadASM first from KetilO's website:
http://radasm.visualassembler.com/

then download the RadASM 2.x test version and unzip to the RadASM directory.... But I would do this:

Create 2 directories:
1 RadASM - for the regular RadASM (keep the regular version of RadASM and files there)
2 RadASM Test - for the test version of RadASM (copy your regular RadASM folder to this one and everytime KetilO releases a new test version, unzip to this directory)
Posted on 2003-01-02 22:33:06 by Gunner
Gunner

Thanks for the info on setting up the RadASM.

I am Gunner do that right now...

Regards,
Outsider
Posted on 2003-01-02 22:43:33 by Outsider
Thanks Donkey, that did it. I'm using mozilla, and apparently it has the same problem. :grin:
Posted on 2003-01-03 09:09:27 by yrret
Hi all

New upload (RadASM20i).

Whats new:

- Fixed several minor bugs.
- Fixed prototype bug.

If no serious bugs are found, then this will be the release.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-01-03 14:21:23 by KetilO
Sorry, KetilO. Just found a bug :)

Not really a serious one, but when typing in the bottom half of a split-screen the tooltips and listboxes are displayed in the top half.
Posted on 2003-01-04 05:30:14 by Qweerdy
Hi all

New upload (RadASM20j).

Fixed bug reported by Qweerdy, thanks.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-01-04 07:18:51 by KetilO
found small bugs:
-in proporties window, hwen you select "struct" only structures defined as "xxx STRUCT" are visible but "STRUC" is a synonym for it.
-when you change some source there's no more that little square on the left uper part of edit-window
-the + or - sign (proc expand/collapse) covers bookmark square which by the way covers breakpoint ;)
(maybe for breakpoint you could make a litlle red circle instead of square and paint it over the blue square (bookmark). in this way breakpoint and bookmark will be visible both. and how about that there won't be possibility to set bookmark and breakpoint in the same line where is proc definition - just like in RAEditDemo.

and on more thing: great work :grin: :alright:
best regards
Posted on 2003-01-04 08:20:22 by NEMO
Hi NEMO

Thanks for the bug report.

"-in proporties window, hwen you select "struct" only structures defined as "xxx STRUCT" are visible but "STRUC" is a synonym for it."

RadASM has no method for using both. You can select one by modifying masm.ini section

"-when you change some source there's no more that little square on the left uper part of edit-window"

Sounds like a serious bug. Is it easy to repeat? Do you have an examle?

"-the + or - sign (proc expand/collapse) covers bookmark square which by the way covers breakpoint
(maybe for breakpoint you could make a litlle red circle instead of square and paint it over the blue square (bookmark). in this way breakpoint and bookmark will be visible both. and how about that there won't be possibility to set bookmark and breakpoint in the same line where is proc definition - just like in RAEditDemo."

RadASM maintains it's own bookmarks and breakpoints so it is no problem to overlap +/- and or breakpoints. However only one of them will be painted. Since RAEdit uses an imagelist for painting bookmarks it will not help to make breakpoints smaller. I don't think this is a big problem tho.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-01-04 09:15:59 by KetilO
is it possible to have both STRUCT and STRUC definisions in prop window?

example of tha little square :grin: :grin: :grin:
Posted on 2003-01-04 10:08:22 by NEMO
oh, and just found another but not very important IMHO:
when radasm resized to some width the toolbar over-draws the rest making it imposible to use that part of toolbar, i think that's M$ fault.
maybe there is some way to warp those buttons lower, but i think that this bug is a second-need fix.
Posted on 2003-01-04 10:17:13 by NEMO
somtimes when i move the dockable windows about, the border is left on the screen.
when i move RadASM app window about, the black border stays in same place on the screen.
think it happens when other mouse button is clicked.

Have to close RadASM (2j) for border to disappear
Posted on 2003-01-04 10:30:20 by X05
Hi KetilO.
Maybe a bug? after close project the project window isn't being updated
it's blank on W95.
And thanks for all your hard work :alright:

Later
ninja_469
Posted on 2003-01-04 10:38:04 by Ninja_469
heya Ketil

Found another bug if you double click on an error message its open a 2nd sheet with the same code...
So if you correct errors into this one it didnt reflect on the original one I got 2 version of the same file because of that :) thanx to backup feature

Cya Greetz Kahn
Posted on 2003-01-04 14:17:02 by KahnAbyss