Finally ELF output support has been added and version 1.43 is officially released. The addresses are unchanged:
http://fasm.sourceforge.net/
http://fasm.metro-nt.pl/

Linux examples seem to be working, altough I didn't have enough time to make some X/GNOME examples, will add it later (or maybe someone will write some earlier). Also syntax of the "public" and "extrn" directives has been extended for both COFF and ELF object outputs, now you can do things like (look in the MSCOFF example):

extrn '__imp__MessageBoxA@16' as MessageBox:dword
public _heap as 'HEAP'

And one more nice thing added: macroinstructions now accept argument containing commas when they're enclosed between "<" and ">". So now it's possible:

struc POINT x,y
{
.x dd x
.y dd y
}

struc LINE start,end
{
.start POINT start
.end POINT end
}

line0 LINE <0,0>,<639,479>

And it makes also easier to provide resource macros with complex strings.
Posted on 2002-12-30 16:31:32 by Tomasz Grysztar
Amazing work! :alright: :alright:
Posted on 2002-12-30 16:47:16 by bazik
Congrats Privalov, you must not sleep at all :)
Posted on 2002-12-30 16:54:38 by Eóin
W!I!E! '
(Quick test in Windows checks out, I'll reboot to linux soon and test the Linux version)

btw, http://fasm.sourceforge.net/ still shows ver 1.42, but http://fasm.metro-nt.pl/
shows 1.43. But you can fix it tomorrow and get some sleep now. :)

' =short for Wonderfull! Incredible! Exelent!, or a german word with a few meanings...

Just noticed that he uppdated http://fasm.sourceforge.net/, does he ever sleep? ;)
Just tested fasm under linux, works flawless...
Posted on 2002-12-30 17:11:37 by scientica
thanks for this awesome assembler. :alright:
Posted on 2002-12-30 17:24:14 by stryker
Once again, FASM rulez! ;)

Just a little question...: Have you started the programming of the debugger? (If you have, when will it be released a version including that?)

Regards,
POW
Posted on 2002-12-31 04:48:32 by POW
Privalov,You are the Assembly Artist number one :alright:
Thanks amigo!

Regards,

Vortex
Posted on 2002-12-31 04:58:10 by Vortex
Good work Privalov :alright: !!!
Posted on 2002-12-31 08:35:32 by JohnFound
This version is more strict and more informative.
Continue testing... Thanks Privalov! :alright:
Posted on 2003-01-02 02:57:05 by tserk
I can't compile this: (Error: invalid macro arguments)

[size=18]

struc TPoint x,y {
.x dd x
.y dd y
}

struc TRect UpLeft, DnRight {
.UpLeft TPoint UpLeft
.DownRight TPoint DnRight
}

struc TMyObj ARect,Hot,CapAdr {
.Bounds TRect ARect
.HotPoint TPoint Hot
.Caption dd CapAdr
}

ARect TRect <0,0>,<32,32>

MyObj TMyObj <<0,0>,<40,40>>,<20,20>,cap1 ; Error here

cap1 db 'This is just a test',0
[/SIZE]
Posted on 2003-01-02 07:17:22 by JohnFound
Try downloading it once again. The very first 1.43 had a small bug there, but I have updated it some time ago, fixed version has time of last modification 1:43:04
Posted on 2003-01-02 08:14:48 by Tomasz Grysztar
Thanks! You are really great ;)))
Posted on 2003-01-02 08:28:06 by JohnFound
Hi Privalov!

I don't know if you saw my question or not, but can you please answere it - have you done something with the debugger, or haven't you started yet?

Note! Version 1.43 is great! It's getting better... Keep up good work!!! Good luck!

Regards,
POW
Posted on 2003-01-02 08:35:11 by POW
Each time I'm getting back into fasm coding, I find something important to do in the assembler itself, and therefore I haven't managed to start the debugger project yet. I have still some nice idea of further improvements for 1.44, so - I'm sorry - debugger project probably will not progress for some time.
Posted on 2003-01-02 09:10:59 by Tomasz Grysztar

Each time I'm getting back into fasm coding, I find something important to do in the assembler itself, and therefore I haven't managed to start the debugger project yet. I have still some nice idea of further improvements for 1.44, so - I'm sorry - debugger project probably will not progress for some time.

Please keep in mind that FASM is a assembler in first case.
There are enough free and commercial debuggers out there :)

Privalov,
I think the elf formatter still has some bugs... I try to trap them down with GDB. Got a lot errors when linking against C libs :(
Posted on 2003-01-02 09:12:53 by bazik
Well, - anyway - thanks for your fast reply! :)
Keep up good work! Fasm rulez!

Regards, POW
Posted on 2003-01-02 09:16:51 by POW

I think the elf formatter still has some bugs... I try to trap them down with GDB. Got a lot errors when linking against C libs

That's strange, because I don't have any problems...
Here's my conversion of NASM example of GNOME programming, it has worked flawlessly at the first try on my system.
(This is a .gz file, I have changed the extension because this board does not allow such extension)
Posted on 2003-01-02 11:27:51 by Tomasz Grysztar

proc main, argc,argv

Awesome! I didnt know that its such easy to handle the argc/argv :)
That was the source to my problems too :(

Thanks a lot! :alright:
Posted on 2003-01-02 11:40:30 by bazik

Hi Privalov.
If you want, I can begin the debuger project (with your little help, of course :)). Maybe some of other forum members will take part.
Posted on 2003-01-03 06:49:03 by JohnFound
Hi bazik, you wrote:
Please keep in mind that FASM is a assembler in first case.
There are enough free and commercial debuggers out there :)
No debugger out there is comparable in quality to the source level integrated debugger that FASM will have. :)

---

Hi JohnFound, you wrote:
Hi Privalov.
If you want, I can begin the debuger project (with your little help, of course ). Maybe some of other forum members will take part.
I offer my help too. :alright:

---

PS: Hi Privalov, keep the great work.. but get some rest and sleep sometimes.. your health comes first. ;)
Posted on 2003-01-03 07:13:53 by Maverick