For those of you who want some win32 documents, you can get all the win32 api documentation you want from the MSDN site for free, if you are willing to wait for a long download (unless u have a decent internet connection :alright: ). Otherwise, you can do what i did and purchase the whole platform SDK for $16.. just click on the link below and choose your poison !

Thought i'd post this link cos i have never seen this mentioned on any assembler boards, maybe it's because poeple just don't wanna contribute to Mr.Gate$' retire ment fund. by the way you have to use internet explorer.

:stupid:

http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/sdkupdate/downlevel.htm
Posted on 2001-09-06 19:28:07 by CodeBug
Ha Ha Ha I just downloaded the sdk from micro$oft.... It's a great document considering the "exhaustive" explanation of each window function such as GetVersion and it's compatibility with other version of windows(Xp, 2k, NT, 98 , 95, 3.1). There's even a guide on XP and win64.

You can just download the documentation which is ~75.8mb if you have the time and patience ;) .

...Oh! and by the way you said:
-------------------------
Thought i'd post this link cos i have never seen this mentioned on any assembler boards, maybe it's because poeple just don't wanna contribute to Mr.Gate$' retire ment fund. by the way you have to use internet explorer.
-------------------------

Contribute? Yeah! I just contributed to the bandwidth they have for downloading the whole sdk core.
Posted on 2001-09-07 09:44:22 by stryker
Well if u ain't happy about what u got, why attack me ?:confused:
Posted on 2001-09-07 14:12:58 by CodeBug
> "by the way you have to use internet explorer."

... So the cost is far too high. Betov.
Posted on 2001-09-07 15:48:52 by Betov
wished i never bothered if all you want to do is moan
Posted on 2001-09-07 16:58:46 by CodeBug
Hey! my post wasn't an attack. I was even glad that you gave us that link.

What I mean about:

Contribute? Yeah! I just contributed to the bandwidth they have for downloading the whole sdk core.

It is a satirical way of saying things. It wasn't for you and it was not intended to attack you.
Posted on 2001-09-07 21:59:30 by stryker
CodeBug...

I've never seen you before, so i will assume you new. In this respect i just want to say "thanx", and I dont exactly approve of the replies, i will say that this board in general doesnt behave in this nature.. (first i've seen to an honest post...), however, betov rides the line with a clever pun, which is common :P

Please dont be afraid of posting again... this is not the "norm" as im use to, there is alot of VERY experienced users here who can help you go miles beyond what you can figure out on you own, if you ask for people's thoughts... and trust me, there is alot of opinions around here :)

Thanx again, and keep Coding and asking questions...
:alright:
NaN
Posted on 2001-09-08 00:28:18 by NaN
No worries NaN:alright:

Still i see a few people looked at my posting and DIDN'T reply so looking at it that way, maybe some of them found it useful, and that number outweighs the two more negative posts.

Anyhow. It's ok, i'll still be around for a wee while longer.

And yes, i am fairly newly registered on here. I'm not a really experienced assembly programmer.. but it's the only language i know and what i have learned is self taught. But alot of the time i'm too busy in the real world to get alot done on my long term project.

see ya around !
Posted on 2001-09-08 02:36:09 by CodeBug
hi,
could someone give me the direct download link for that stuff?

thanks

NOP-erator
Posted on 2001-09-08 03:57:18 by NOP-erator
NOP,

If you want to just download the whole SDK, click the link in my original posting and from there select download (along top of screen).

On that page u can get all the ?CAB files, but as my original posting hinted, it's a MASSIVE downlaod unless u have cable etc. Thats why u can buy a one off copy of the SDK for $16 at the msdn shop. It's your choice.

:tongue:
Posted on 2001-09-08 11:33:11 by CodeBug
i have dsl (768kb/s), think that this is enough
Posted on 2001-09-08 11:59:53 by NOP-erator