(this will replace the thread in the heap)
the ultimate goal is to make a multi-lingual UI to both the forums and the site (that is currently under construction) as well as any tutorials on it.

This so that new people from different parts of the world will have a less difficult time to get started with the basics. This will not change anything ever about the fact that the language of communication here is English, we need a common language and it will stay english.

If you wish or need to reach about the different files needed for this or their layout/content, I can be reached via my usual e-mail as well as via
ICQ 25486519
MSN hiroshimator@hotmail.com

Also if you just want to chat, I usually don't mind ;)

Anybody into webdesign or anything that wishes to help out with colorschemes or a better layout, is welcome. If you need any files let me know and I'll sent it to you. I'll see about a way to make it easier for people to test their language files currently you can just sent them to me or attach them in this forum and I'll upload them to the webserver.

It'll be a lot of work I'm afraid, but I think it will be worth it :)
Posted on 2003-02-07 09:11:46 by Hiroshimator
before someone beats me to it,

Posted on 2003-02-07 16:12:38 by jademtech
? :/
Posted on 2003-02-07 17:47:25 by Hiroshimator
whenever someone posts their e-mail addy, someone inevitably says something about spam :grin:
Posted on 2003-02-08 11:12:29 by jademtech
you mean hotmail addresses have any other purpose? :p

Maybe you write a little something 'aboot' asm in canadian? :grin: (too much South Park ;) )
Posted on 2003-02-08 11:15:06 by Hiroshimator
There's just a few things you gotta know aboot asm, eh? Because otherwise, like, noofs will run into problems, you know, eh? One time, Joe and i were on this program for our navy, right? and this newfie walks up to us and tells us he's our new project manager. i look and Joe and Joe looks at me and we give each other this look: "no hoser is gonna tell us what to do." So this newfie asks us, "how's the project going, eh?" So we say, "Well, the 'rooter' is down, so we can't do anything - we can't get to the files on the network." So the hoser nods and walks away. nothing works in our office - they're worse than the Sea Kings. Anyway, i gotta get me a two-four before i can finish up this tutorial, eh? Should put on my tuque... it's getting to be kinda chilly. i mean, it's sixty below,eh?
Posted on 2003-02-08 11:58:46 by jademtech
it's missing a 'moose' :grin:
Posted on 2003-02-08 12:16:24 by Hiroshimator
what a very nice idea... i looked at the new-designed tutorials and they're looking
great. the only thing that is still unreadable is the code. i think at this point it isn't
to late to create something like a notation standard.

i better give you an example:

;the icelion way

get_kernel: mov eax, [esp+10*4]
@@: dec eax ;
movzx edx,word ptr [eax+03ch] ; edx = pointer to pe_hdr
cmp eax,[eax+edx+034h] ; compare current base with
jnz @b ; the kernel image_base (mz)
ret ; store result

GET_KERNEL: ; RETURNS THE KERNEL BASE
MOV EAX, [ ESP + 10 * 4 ] ;
@@: DEC EAX ;
MOVZX EDX, WORD PTR [ EAX + 03CH ] ; EDX = POINTER TO PE_HDR
CMP EAX, [ EAX + EDX + 034H ] ; COMPARE CURRENT BASE WITH
JNZ @B ; THE KERNEL IMAGE_BASE (MZ)
RET ; STORE RESULT

you decide... it's not so important though. i don't have very much freetime but
i would do it if there's a standard everybody's happy with.
Posted on 2003-02-12 06:02:14 by mob
currently I have not yet added formatting to the code since it's irrelevant to the translation
I'll add it later I promise :)
Posted on 2003-02-12 06:12:57 by Hiroshimator
I made some CSS so we can have easy auto-nesting.

http://www.win32asmcommunity.net/alpha/index.php?fuseaction=tutorials.tutorial&id=icz10

I also made some code for autolabels so they'll fit nicely to the side

What else should there be? I made tut 10 as an example because it has many constructs
Posted on 2003-02-12 09:06:22 by Hiroshimator
syntax highlighting would be very cool. maybe you should also change the
font to "lucida console"...
Posted on 2003-02-12 09:50:01 by mob
is that a mono-space font?

syntax highlightning will probably come but that's an afterthought. I'm pretty busy with this and then I need to make a lot of other stuff :/

I'll give it some thought later on but unless I can do it quickly it will only come in the end.
Posted on 2003-02-12 10:12:05 by Hiroshimator
if you make the board multi-lingual... make *DAMN* sure I can set my preference to english and have it cookied! nothing pisses me off more than surfing to a site and having it displayed in Danish (or whatever) when I'm used to english. (Oh. I guess I set IE to request EN pages only. so. it probably wont affect me. but others, perhaps. damn multi-lingual crap, *mumble grumble*)
Posted on 2003-02-12 10:23:58 by f0dder
the default is english. You have to specificlly chose another language to make it appear in that different language. (this is how it will be)

it's not 'region' controlled, it's choice controlled (default en)
Posted on 2003-02-12 10:27:15 by Hiroshimator
didn't noticed the translations are moving =)
thats why i wondered where my post wents hehe
:rolleyes:
Posted on 2003-02-12 14:06:37 by wizzra
not deleted

merged it with the other threads. (check at the end of "Iczelion Tutorial 1 & 2" )

but unfortunately I can't use your translation because it's a different format.
Posted on 2003-02-12 14:09:49 by Hiroshimator
eys i noticed..
btw, with what tool you suppose to view this format?
since it uses tags .
Posted on 2003-02-12 14:20:31 by wizzra
notepad :)

you just have to fill in between the tags. replace the english between the tags with hebrew, between the tags. leave the tags alone.
Posted on 2003-02-12 14:27:36 by Hiroshimator
yeah, easy said than done =)
hebrew is a complete mess with english..
hehe notepad..than why tags? :)
Posted on 2003-02-12 14:37:28 by wizzra
because my parser needs to extract and label the data at runtime
Posted on 2003-02-12 14:51:35 by Hiroshimator