Hi Privalov!

Could you please do me a favour?? Could you add (or show me how to add) a leftmargin to the AsmEdit Control?? That would be very nice of you! I tried myself, but I couldn't figure out how (I made the margin and the text printed correctly, but the selection and the cursor troubled me :()...

Keep up good working! I really love FASM!! Thank you and take care!
Regards,
POW
Posted on 2003-03-02 14:28:56 by POW
Do you mean that kind of left margin with mirrored mouse cursor that allows you to select lines of text?
Posted on 2003-03-03 04:23:13 by Tomasz Grysztar
Something like that, yes... But it isn't necessary to add such functionalities... I only wanted a margin that the user can customize in the editor... Attachs a screenshot of how I would like it to be... :)

First and formost I need help to make the margin... I was thinking about making a suggestion to the GUI with line-numbers, another kind of tabs and a popup-menu... Please can't you help me with that margin (don't need to include anything else than a margin)... Maybe I can contribute to a new GUI of the windows editor...?

Thanks! Take care! Regards,
POW
Posted on 2003-03-03 08:32:08 by POW
Could you help me Privalov?? Please!

Regards,
POW
Posted on 2003-03-04 06:41:24 by POW
Could you just verify that you have read my post and answer yes or no? Please!
Thank you!
Posted on 2003-03-05 11:01:25 by POW
This is what I'm trying to do...
Posted on 2003-03-05 12:06:58 by POW
You need at least to adjust GetClientRect calls, painting proc, caret and mouse positions with the shrinked (by the margin) client space - to make those routines work in only part of the real client space. In mouse messages processing you should also check whether click occured inside the text area or inside the margin, because negative coordinates would crash the control.
Posted on 2003-03-05 13:48:19 by Tomasz Grysztar
Thank you Privalov!!!

Regards,
POW
Posted on 2003-03-06 00:56:08 by POW
can I delete the PE format stuff IF I will never use fasm for windows or dos
dose linux have any need for the code in the PE formatter

as far as I know linux ld can't handle PE format
Posted on 2003-03-11 13:53:26 by rob.rice
Well, you can do it, altough it won't noticeably speed up anything and will only a bit reduce the size of program; so the only advantage you would get from removing it is to free some reserved words for your use.
Chapter Six of my being-written-right-now guide to FASM internals will contain information that will be helpful for you if you want to do it.
Posted on 2003-03-11 14:14:58 by Tomasz Grysztar
I would like to make some changes to the assembler so less source code faster assembley
and I don't see any need for the code on a linux olny system

I can use the COFF format because ld can link that format

thanks an assembler writen in assembly for linux was long over due
(not olny that but I can change it and add what I want to it {sending you the changes for your approvle of cource})
Posted on 2003-03-12 16:30:07 by rob.rice

I would like to make some changes to the assembler so less source code faster assembley
and I don't see any need for the code on a linux olny system

I see great use for FASM linux code, I use it in linux (and I think bazik also sees great use for teh linux code in fasm).
Or do you mean that PE formatter is superfluous code in the linux version of fasm, if so then I'd say better keep it, since some day you might want to test how wine hanldes you little app and then those routines would prove handy. (one compile and run the app, no liket middle-man slowing down the process...)
Posted on 2003-03-12 23:48:02 by scientica
quote from scientica
======================================================
Or do you mean that PE formatter is superfluous code in the linux version of fasm, if so then I'd say better keep it, since some day you might want to test how wine hanldes you little app and then those routines would prove handy. (one compile and run the app, no liket middle-man slowing down the process...)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
well you would have a point But my main computer is small realy small and being a laptop I'm stuck with it being small

I can't see ever installing wine and windozes on it

If I want to program for windows I can download and install the windows version
and delete the elf formater from it if it is there in the first place
Posted on 2003-03-13 12:31:15 by rob.rice
I was asked the same question once again, so here's the asmedit.inc file quickly modifed by me to support the left margin, the changed or added code is marked so you'll easily find it.
Posted on 2003-04-01 11:58:11 by Tomasz Grysztar
Thanks Privalov! Great! :alright:
Take care!
Posted on 2003-04-02 06:42:03 by Tommy
Cool! :grin:

Thanks Privalov!
Posted on 2003-04-02 08:03:15 by POW
Just one more thing: Is there a way to hide the cursor in the margin (as the screenshot shows)? Is this meant to be or not?

Sorry my bad English...
Posted on 2003-04-02 11:48:05 by Tommy
Oh.....forgot the screenshot... :grin:
Posted on 2003-04-02 11:49:27 by Tommy