I used DSL for 3 days than i dump it because it seem that during certain times of the day it came to a grinding halt.
Than i would go to my plain old Dial up and have no problem to get to where i wanted to go. This was one year ago to date when i tried DSL.

But now i am figure that maybe DSL has got their act together but before i try it again maybe i just get BroadBand Access. I think that is Cable related.

I read somewhere that as far as speed is concern they are both near the same. Butthe only thing with Broadband was that you share your BandWidth with others. I guest that mean that anyone can see where you go. ( I have no problem with that because the only secretes i got is in a single asm file :)

My question is which is the strongest when it come to REAL time access at all times these days. I mean Minimum Drag Time.

I'm thinking that BroadBand had the same problem back than but i am not really sure about that.

Do anyone have any suggestions

Thanks in advance
Posted on 2003-03-14 01:33:52 by cmax
Broadband generally refers to all types of internet access greater than the phoneline or ISDN. This includes cable, satellite, and DSL.

It really depends on where you live. If you live outside the states it varies quite a bit. But in the midwest of the US cable internet access is generally faster 2.0 Mbs to the same cost for tier 1 DSL 384 Kb.

I love my earthlink cable access... I haven't noticed a speed decline yet. But again... it really depends on where you live.
Posted on 2003-03-14 14:33:36 by Asm_Freak
Some of my brother's friends have cable internet and really like it but I don't know that they would know the difference anyway. The first level here for cable internet is cheaper but slower than DSL. To get the speed of DSL on cable you wind up paying more than DSL. But, once again, that's in my area.
Posted on 2003-03-14 15:50:20 by drhowarddrfine