Hello.

Where can I get the newest Inc/Libfiles for Masm? I tried out some Win98 Funktions, but Masm could not find them?
Posted on 2001-09-19 14:32:23 by Nordwind64
Hi !

http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/sdkupdate/

There, download the platform SDK...
It contains the latest win32 lib files...

After having installed it, copy the .lib files from psdk to the masm32\lib\ directory.

If it's too big to download (but it's really worth it), i can make a zip file that only contains the latest .lib from this SDK...

After you have to run the Hutch's inc creation tool (l2inca for ansi version). That generates inc files from Lib...
It's on the masm32\bin\ (not laden ^^) directory...
Posted on 2001-09-20 00:55:49 by JCP
Rather than waste disk space copying the files, I would just modify
my .bat file to use the SDK include path!
Posted on 2001-09-20 02:19:54 by gfalen
Personnaly, since I have my "own" masm package (a mix from various things, like hutch's package, radasm, ollydbg, etc...), i prefer to have all the files in the same directory...
So i can zip my directory/subdirectories, unzip it on a other computer, and it's all ready to use.
Of course, you can modify paths, create environmental path variables etc, but when you work on an other computer... the latest lib files are missing...
It's only my personal opinion, because i work on lots of differents computers, but i only found this way to have an updated and "ready to use" package useable everywhere...
Posted on 2001-09-20 06:20:31 by JCP
Thanks!

where can I download your inc/lib files?
Posted on 2001-09-20 09:49:11 by Nordwind64
:alright:
I have to go home first to upload on a ftp (i can't at work) ;).
After i will zip them and upload them...
I will post the url here when it will be ready (2 hours, maybe less).
If many people are interested in this file, i can let the zip file permanently on the server...
Let me all know by posting here (i don't want to waste web space for nothing) ;).
Posted on 2001-09-20 10:28:42 by JCP
Re !
I uploaded the libs !
http://readiosys.online.fr/latestlibs.zip

I didn't generate inc files because it's very easy to do...
If you experience problems, i will generazte them and update the files...

Cya !
Posted on 2001-09-20 12:54:28 by JCP
Hallo,

thank you very much, but I'm newby and did not know, how to generate them. Can you please generate it for me ?

Thanks, Nordwind64
Posted on 2001-09-20 13:39:19 by Nordwind64
In the hutch's masm32 package, you have a file called "l2inca" in the bin subdirectory...

You just have to type this line from a dos prompt

"l2inca /m drive:\libpath\*.lib"

Of course you replace drive & libpath by your own drive letter and path.

I also suggest you to look at the post called "New INCLUDE file utility and system".
It's about a "new include file style"... i personally think it's better but you choose your own programming methods ;).

Do not hesitate to post again if you need help :).
Posted on 2001-09-20 16:33:29 by JCP
Thank you very much Readiosys !!!

I will try it out in the evening. Now it's morning here and I had to go to work...

Thanks.

Nordwind64
Posted on 2001-09-20 23:26:41 by Nordwind64