I saw this topic somewhere, here i think, so i searched for it and couldnt find it, so ill just post it. I just discovered how to use a makefile and now i want to use it in my windows coding. The way ive been doing multiple source files is theres one main file where the app starts. Then every wndproc is in a separate file and i just put an include to it at the end of the main file. That was fine for a while, but its not good with a makefile because it will just assemble every file even if it doesnt need to be. So how do i assemble multiple source files, and still be able to use labels and stuff thats in other source files?

Let me know if i didnt make any sense...
Posted on 2001-10-18 17:56:46 by ChimpFace9000
You don't need to include the source files when you use a MAKEFILE, but you do need to state which routines are in external files. It's like making and using a LIB file.
Posted on 2001-10-18 21:04:19 by bitRAKE
And hows that?
Posted on 2001-10-18 21:21:42 by ChimpFace9000
Posted on 2001-10-18 22:44:15 by bitRAKE
Thanks, that explained alot. But i got one more question...

If i have two files, main.asm and wndproc.asm. How do i access a variable in main.asm from wndproc.asm?
Posted on 2001-10-19 14:18:07 by ChimpFace9000
Sorry, it took so long, but I wanted to get this working with RadASM. This should answer some of your question and maybe give you more. I'm learning to use these tools for larger ASM project work myself. Let me know if you have some ideas you think might be helpful for project structure.

You'll need to change the paths in the makefile - I guess I should abstract that out to an external file.

Accessing variables are no different than accessing PROCs.

Posted on 2001-10-23 00:09:02 by bitRAKE
Thats about what i eventually came up with. I shoulda posted what i found out, but i forgot. I realized its alot like the way you do it in C.
Posted on 2001-10-23 10:54:53 by ChimpFace9000
Yeah, but you have to put the include at the end of the external moduals to redefine the private PROCs as PUBLIC. Or, atleast that's the only way I could figure out how to do it with one include file, and no additional syntax on the PROCs.
Posted on 2001-10-23 11:42:58 by bitRAKE