I never really thought that these would really be of use to anyway, but here are my old Directdraw 4 examples that I created as a basis for more advance learning in game programming...

So I will be posting examples and I hope others will follow suit...

So here is my first example a simple window is created and ddraw is initilized..

I know they're old, but I have alot so maybe that will make up for that small downside..

-=Sliver=-
:)
Posted on 2001-10-27 12:35:19 by Sliver
creating a fps (frames per second) at the top of the last example --- Nothing really different except for that

-=Sliver=-
Posted on 2001-10-27 12:39:55 by Sliver
Ok another simple example that changes the background color so that if you have an hour or so you'll go through virtually every color in the specturm

-=Sliver=-
Posted on 2001-10-27 12:41:38 by Sliver
Ok, this is getting more into the video buffer :)

This example draws a pixel based on the location of the mouse and can easily be changed to create a simple paint program.

If your really trying to learn use my rectagle prog. (which I'll post soon) and make a place where the user can select the color on the screen (not really that hard)

-=Sliver=-
Posted on 2001-10-27 12:45:33 by Sliver
a simple starfield with a layered effect.... I don't really remeber the term given to this effect but I'm pretty sure it begins with a "ph". Anyway, here it is...

-=Sliver=-
Posted on 2001-10-27 12:47:57 by Sliver
How to create rectagles in DirectDraw...

I had written the complete rectangle source using just the video buffer (much like was done for the Draw_pixel) routine, but I decided that this way probably more clear on the eyes for those learning DirectDraw for the first time

-=Sliver=-
Posted on 2001-10-27 12:53:29 by Sliver
Ok last for for right now...

Loading a bitmap to the screen :)

I've created a small bitmap to load... There is no stretching involved here and that is left for you to do on your own for right now (this means that if your bitmap is too big it will not be shown...

Take a look at the example to see how its done...

Space-tris was nice, but the author of it didn't give the source of how he changed the bmp ->sfp so I just went with what I knew...

-=Sliver=-
Posted on 2001-10-27 13:12:04 by Sliver