Hutch--,

I've been working with the rebar control and learned that there are some missing constants in the Windows.inc... so here they are... as far as I can see, and I did look through every constant and structure in the current platform SDK (which is windows XP), these should complete the list... and these missing constants and such only apply to IE 5.0 or higher... I think there are a few more with the toolbar but I'll get back to you on that...

RB_PUSHCHEVRON equ WM_USER + 43
RBN_AUTOBREAK equ RBN_FIRST - 22
RBN_CHEVRONPUSHED equ RBN_FIRST - 10
RBN_MINMAX equ RBN_FIRST - 21

RBAB_AUTOSIZE equ 0001h
RBAB_ADDBAND equ 0002h

RBHT_CHEVRON equ 0008h

NMREBARCHEVRON STRUCT
hdr NMHDR <>
uBand DWORD ?
wID DWORD ?
lParam DWORD ?
rc RECT <>
lParamNM DWORD ?
NMREBARCHEVRON ENDS

Thanks,
_Shawn
Posted on 2001-10-30 17:10:14 by _Shawn
I was using the version of windows.inc from the new MASM7 and wouldn't compile because these constants weren't added. Just a friendly reminder. In fact, it appears the windows.inc file is 8 days older than the original post. If you'd like, I can send you my updated windows.inc :grin:

Thanks,
_Shawn
Posted on 2001-12-11 23:44:26 by _Shawn
Shawn,

The approach i used with the version in MASM32v7 was to stabilise it to win95/98/nt and not approach me/2k/xp because I don't have the documentation for it.

What I would like to see is windows.inc closed at that level and a new include file be made for me/2k/xp as windows.inc is very hard to edit at that size when checking the completeness of so many values is such a tedious task.

I would have personally perferred to see windows.inc restricted to win32 and keep the version specific code in other include files because win32 equates are stable where the rest are subject to considerable variation.

As far as trying to track random posts and correlate all of them complete with error checking, the logistics of doing so makes it nearly impossible, dates of posts or otherwise.

Iczelion used to do the later maintainance on windows.inc but he has been too busy lately so not much has been done, I fixed what I could find and removed some prototypes that should not have been there and left it in that form.

If anyone wants to do a set of include files for specific versions of windows and properly test the reliability, I would include them in a service pack later but I specifically stay away from the later versions of windows and do not support them.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2001-12-12 03:48:23 by hutch--
Hutch, I've got Win98 and IE6. There's nothing keeping Win98 users from upgrading to 6.0, even if it was developed primarily for XP. If these constants / structs are really for IE5 and up, IMO they belong in windows.inc?
Posted on 2001-12-12 05:02:50 by Qweerdy