AoA

i want to sample 10 milli-seconds of sound sample but have not been able to do it.

can i use DirectSound or if there is any other way to do it ?

regards
goto
Posted on 2001-12-20 06:16:53 by goto
Hi !

Perhabs ASIO-drivers may be able to do this job. (I do not know if you get some infos at Steinberg's website downloading the vst-sdk.)

These drivers are designed to have low latencies.

Greetings, CALEB
Posted on 2001-12-20 16:15:00 by Caleb
Just curious as heck what you'd do with a 10 mS sample of audio !!! Repeat it ad nauseum? Heh ...
I'd simply take a larger sample and use a wav-editor to manipulate the waveform, cut your sample and save it separately... jeez, that was a no-brainer :D
Posted on 2001-12-21 05:26:43 by Homer
AoA

i am working on realtime audio. so u have to take a small sample(10msec) and process it, and do this over and over again

regards
goto
Posted on 2001-12-21 07:12:26 by goto
Well personally i think 10ms is too small a buffer for a realtime audio app, 50-60 might be a better solution( i may be wrong here ). As for all the coding maybe a complete solution to plug into your app may be better. Look for FMOD or BASS and use their dll , Fmod i think is free unless you charge for your app and is apparently the best thing ever, easy to use( it does the direct sound for you ) and very efficient ( a lot of optimized assembly ).

That is if they do audio in, i think they do.

Goodluck!
Posted on 2001-12-21 07:33:53 by trancera