Hi, I want my app to print a small amount of plain ascii text (about 1/4 of an A4 page). I've been going over the API reference, and there's mentioned a shit load of stuff concerning the subject. I haven't had to deal with any kind of Device Context so far (luckily for me) and I don't want to get into it all, I just want to print a couple of strings, that's it. I would really appreciate your help. I want my prog to show the "Print" dialogbox (PrintDlg) and then print the text. Please tell me what i have to do before and after. my text is a global memory object (that can be changed). If there's any kind of source of reference closely related to my case, I'd be greatful for you appointing me to it. Cheers
Posted on 2000-12-15 23:46:00 by your mama
If you want to print the text onto the window you have to get the dc handle and textout or drawtext, or you can use the static or edit control which draw the text automatically, you can use the richtext control for more features (bold, italic..). Look up whatever one you need in the win32 programming reference or you can download a few examples of all of those on this site.
Posted on 2000-12-16 00:43:00 by dork
There is a printer routine in this file... http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/winasm/files/RichEdit.zip
Posted on 2000-12-16 00:55:00 by dork